Colour experts - buckskin/smokey/something else?!

Leg_end

Visit site
I bought a filly in May and after thinking she'd be a golden buckskin she's really darkened out and we've now got no idea how she's going to end up! Can the colour experts advise? Sire is Legrande (buckskin) dam is bay.

3 weeks old:

Four months(the only light points now are her face and back of her quarters):

So what do we think?!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
The dam isn't bay, she's Seal Brown and I suspect that the filly is a Brown Buckskin - the foal coat was probably the palest coat that she'll grow. She's a pretty little thing. :D

Wagail has a Brown Buckskin, if you look up her posts she has posted several photos of her mare. :)

Schollym

Visit site
We had a buckskin whose coat changed colour at different parts of the year. He had dark points when he was younger and gradually ended up with a beautifully dappled coat and unlike greys didn't lose the dapples as he got older. Foal colours can change. I knew of a chestnut foal that went grey, a bay foal that went grey and a blanket spot Appaloosa which went spotty all over. It is a beautiful foal and looks like you might have a buckskin under there.

Leg_end

Visit site
Thank you. I'll go have a look at yours wagtail :D I'm very excited about her, she's a gorgeous little thing!

Bessi

Visit site
The lady who bred my foal has a lovely brown buckskin mare by Legrande, this is her with this years foal a super buckskin filly.

13582170_1318517264825423_5260680816046750430_o.jpg

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Gorgeous! I was a bit disappointed that she'd gone darker but I actually really like it!

Well it's a lot rarer a colour. I love all shades of buckskin, but on balance, I think I am happy that my mare is so dark. People always ask me what colour she is. Her colour changes so much with the light.

This is taken in the stable but in natural light (no stable lights were on):

eating_zpsom1ikt9k.jpg