Colour testing in UK

Simbapony

Visit site
Hi All

Just wondered where is the best place to get colour testing done - unless you are going to tell me x2 bays <> black then I wont waste my money.
New boy looks very black, but is registered as dark bay so was interested to see.

Thanks

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Yes two bays can produce a black horse if that's what you are wondering. For testing I used animalgenetics.com a few years ago and can't fault the service.

Asha

Visit site
I used animal genetics UK . Very easy to do . Just go on the website and download the form , send off the hairs and you should have the results in a week /10 days .
Cost me £20 to test for the grey gene , but for a full colour analysis I think it’s a fair bit more .

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Hi All

Just wondered where is the best place to get colour testing done - unless you are going to tell me x2 bays <> black then I wont waste my money.
New boy looks very black, but is registered as dark bay so was interested to see.

Thanks

Does he have lighter colour hair on his muzzle? I was always told true black is black right to the end of the muzzle. I've owned several horses I called black but they weren't all true black.