Coloured Cob Causes Concern amongst horse community.

shannonandtay

Visit site
We have realised that we have a serious problem, ona yard of about 20 our grey Connemara (definately not a cob) is one of only a couple on the yard who isn't a COB or coloured. It's obviously catching as all the others have disappeared one by one, I think we need a rescue team urgently before they have taken over the yard completley.

tessybear

Visit site
Perhaps there should be cob tax? To pay for the repairs to the roads? And to re plant the trees they push over??

I decided to sell both of mine to Tesco for a meal deal, off to buy a proper horse who doesn't cause an earthquake when asked to move faster than a walk -rolleyes-

Capriole

Visit site
We've had 2 tree fatalities, from not-cobs. Lucky there's no cobbage in the field or we would be losing them at a rate of knots, clearly :p

cambrica

Visit site
You say they cannot be camouflaged and are easily spotted. Don't fool for that one!
That's what they want you to believe but the next time you pass a field of Fresian cattle take a closer look!
Some pro badger conspiracy theorists actually believe that the spread of tb is caused by the b/w cob not the b/w badger!

TrasaM

Visit site
You say they cannot be camouflaged and are easily spotted. Don't fool for that one!
That's what they want you to believe but the next time you pass a field of Fresian cattle take a closer look!
Some pro badger conspiracy theorists actually believe that the spread of tb is caused by the b/w cob not the b/w badger!

Well that explains that then. It seems so obvious now you mention it.

DonskiWA

Visit site
Thank goodness Australia is largely cob-free at this current time. We have had issues with boat people attempting to smuggle cobs in however. The govt is targeting cob-smugglers in the lead up to our election.
This is also why we spray our planes landing from the Uk.

Keep our Aussie horses colour-free I say!

Capriole

Visit site
Thank goodness Australia is largely cob-free at this current time. We have had issues with boat people attempting to smuggle cobs in however. The govt is targeting cob-smugglers in the lead up to our election.

I thought you had loads of them over there!

Maybe I've misunderstood what 'G'day Cobber!' means? :D

FfionWinnie

Visit site
Is this a cob then :eek: would explain a lot :eek:

15AA88D8-DFC0-4D48-B7B5-2B455BE7677B-662-000000410A499FF2.jpg

Janee

Visit site
Love this.

OMG I think I have one, but fooled because it jumps and has a turbo charger so no plodding. It is good at camoflage, stands between the Grey and Bay TBs and thinks that works well

Tessybear, it is "barefoot" so no need to worry about road abuse

FW, I would guard that littleone or it will have to be acquired and added to my herd.

Kokopelli

Visit site

I'm now going to confess something and I hope I don't get lynched. A few months ago I assisted in the sale of a coloured cob from the UK to Australia. I'm so sorry, I was forced against my will!

florayG

Visit site
Do you know you can spot an infected mare even before the foal is born? Somebody I know who knew very little about horses bought an all black mare from Derby sales cheap and then discovered it was in foal. I told him the foal would be a black and white cob. He asked how, and I said I could see it, couldn't he?
He was well impressed when the foal was born - a black and white cob!
He never figured out how I 'knew'...

Kat

Visit site
Meanwhile reports have been received that the significant outbreak of cobbage in Derbyshire is due to unscrupulous individuals taking advantage of the locals when they attempt to order their lunch.

Mr Smith of Derby tells of his harrowing experience "I only wanted a cheese sandwich, but I was offered a choice of a cob or a panini........ I don't like paninis so I asked for a cob, but I didn't expect to get this!"

Community leaders have advised residents exercise caution and opt for baguettes until these rogues have been apprehended.

Nic

Visit site
Snigger. Tank Pony, whilst more pony with cob tendencies, wishes you all to know he is hellbent on world domination.

He laughs in the face of your fences, he will pop 4ft to get anywhere he is not meant to be, and can walk through walls*. You're all DOOMED!!!

*Yes this 14hh pony did indeed knock down a (perfectly sturdy) stone stable wall 2 days before bonfire night...helpful!

holeymoley

Visit site
Lol! I've came across the posh fancy horses spooking at my boy! Was most amusing. To add fuel to the fire I dressed him up in the 'moo' range that derby house did at the time....hahahaha :D

Capriole

Visit site
Lol! I've came across the posh fancy horses spooking at my boy!

I remember years and years ago when the coloured cobs weren't so ubiquitous, my horse seeing one for the first time :D We pretty much bunny hopped up the road as he was trying to cop another look at the exotic creature :D He always had a bit of a fancy for a coloured mare after that :p Phwoooah!

holeymoley

Visit site
What made it even better was that it was a dressage competition. Not just anyone though, it was a club for dressage only so every other competitor had not only 16hh+ fancy horse, the equipment, the groom, some even the instructor with them too and fancy new horse box.

I decided I wanted to do dressage again so entered at the last minute. We got held up in traffic too so we rocked up in our old trailer and pulled the 14hh cow pony out, went in the arena and won the two classes! With 75% . The sneers and looks I was getting beforehand turned into smiles at my pony and rage at their big beasts that were still blowing at mine burying his face in his haynet!

Definitely one of our highlights :)

teasle

Visit site
I think the damage caused to roads when those fat hairy things start trotting needs looking into also, where else do you think all the pot holes come from.

On the huge arse matter.... Tess managed to flatten a rather sturdy looking tree with her arse this weekend.... ITS NOT OUR TREE !!!!!!

Fat cow pony is on the naughty step.

P.s thanks for cheering me up :p
Also re roads- if road tax is based on emmisions- cobs should pay lots- cob farts are toxic!

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Polite notice:

Would all owners of assorted coloured cobs please refrain from riding them in public places as they can frighten "proper" horses like TB's and warmbloods. The resultant fright can cause extreme distress to such sensitive animals and if owners of aforementioned cobs do not exercise proper restraint in this matter then regrettably this matter will be passed to the RSPCA for appropriate action to be taken.

Second, would owners of coloured cobs please refrain from riding in competitions as the sight of their cobs competing in public areas can unsettle sensitive horses and put them off competing. Perhaps owners could consider some form of camaflage to disguise the flagrant colouring of their cobs. Unfortunately there have been some recent cases where non-coloured horses arriving at a venue have been terrified by the sight of coloured cobs everywhere and this has caused a health and safety issue as their riders are unable to maintain control and the horses have bolted.

Third, would owners of coloured cobs cease competing and entering their horses in competitions as frequently they actually for some unknown reason do perform extremely creditably and this can upset the owners of correct breeds such as TB's and warmbloods. So therefore would owners of such cobs please bear in mind that beating the pants off the posh opposition can cause serious offence and should be avoided at all costs.

Perhaps owners of coloured cobs could bear the aforementioned points in mind. It is regrettable that these issues have to be pointed out due to the thoughtlessness of those with these animals.

:):):)

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
I decided I wanted to do dressage again so entered at the last minute. We got held up in traffic too so we rocked up in our old trailer and pulled the 14hh cow pony out, went in the arena and won the two classes! With 75% . The sneers and looks I was getting beforehand turned into smiles at my pony and rage at their big beasts that were still blowing at mine burying his face in his haynet!

Surely that counts as knobbling the competition

cambrica

Visit site
Where will this world domination end?
I am predicting next years headlines in the papers:
Coloured cob wins the Grand National by 50 lengths. Not only that he ate every fence on the racetrack!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
What does that mean?

Umm, when you knobble the competition you do something underhand that gives you an unfair advantage. So for example, putting itching power inside a fellow competitor's t-shirt so that they would be distracted during the competition. The sort of things Dick Dastardly used to do in the Wacky races - he was always trying to knobble the competition.