Coloured showing advice needed!

tobiano1984

Visit site
I'm finally off to Rupert's first showing show next weekend, and just wanted some advice on turnout for both of us. It's only a little local riding club show, so do you think it's OK to show inhand/ridden wearing my SJ kit? Black jacket, white breeches, black boots, white stock - or should I get some show kit too?

This is Rupert at his first dressage, in driving rain and gale force winds. From previous advice I'm intending to plait him and trim his little feathers - anything else I need to bear in mind? I'll just use my normal bridle for now, but for future reference - what sort of bridle should he have? Flat noseband? And white girth?

Any tips much appreciated! I can't wait to get him out :)

p.s. he's just turned 5

[Content removed]

[Content removed]

Last edited by a moderator:

Hattikins

Visit site
For local showing you will be absolutely fine in neat competition kit. :) If you wanted to look more correct, then you would need to be in a navy hat, tweed jacket with shirt and tie, brown/canary gloves, beige/canary breeches and black boots. Rupert would need a brown plain cavesson bridle with flat noseband and either a simple snaffle or pelham/double, you don't necessarily need a white girth, dark is fine, but you would need a shaped numnah to fit neatly under the saddle and in the same colour as the saddle. Good luck and have fun! :D

tobiano1984

Visit site
Just seen that my pics have been removed as they're a copyright issue (!) so here is a recent one of him:

attachment.php

holeymoley

Visit site
You should be fine with that for riding club level but for showing if you want to do more, black is frowned upon so I'd get a nice tweed which would do you for showing and dressage. Also cream/beige jodhs are more appropriate too. For him , I would leave him natural as its only the 'lighter' types that should be plaited and trimmed.