Pictures Coloured's coat grows at different speeds!

Mrs B

Visit site
Anyone else find this? Just coming up to clipping time again and it's very noticeable that his chestnut patches are like a summer coat and his white bits grow out much faster ...

Attachments

• IMG_4402.jpg
    IMG_4402.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 61

Roxylola

Visit site
I've noticed they shed differently - the white bits come out then the dark. My liver and white spaniel's liver coat is different to her white, more so since she was spayed but the liver is longer than the white

PapaverFollis

Visit site
MrT (chestnut) had raised dapples through the autumn as the darker hairs grew thicker more quickly than the lighter hairs. And my greys have always been the first horses on a yard to decide its spring!

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I can feel the spots on mine with my eyes shut, it's a completely different coat.

Sealine

Visit site
Yes mine has dark spots on the white part of his neck and you can feel them - sort of 3D! When clipping I notice that the white bits are much denser.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
On mine the white is thicker and the brown is thin, but the white on what used to be a blanket before he greyed out is much thicker than the flea bitten white of the rest of him.

dotty1

Visit site
When I clip my coloured the dark brown bits are easy...the white you can hear the clippers slowing slightly. Also when unclipped the brown is fluffy and white smooth