Colours for a dun?

FreeRider19

Visit site
Hey guys,
So I'm going to be loaning a fun pony soon and I'm buying his wardrobe ATM which is Brushing boots, over reach boots, feed bowls, saddle pad, head collar all of it! Apart from tacks and rugs!

I was just wandering what colours would look good on him? I don't really like black (h has black legs) I didn't really want black boots in black legs I don't know why I'm just weird 😜

Thank you :)
*dun not fun 😜

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Is the pony Buckskin, Sooty Buckskin, Bay Dun or Black Dun? Can't be Chestnut Dun due to having black legs, but knowing exactly what colour he is would be helpful when working out what colours would suit best. Oh stuff it, can you post a photo? :D

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Lovely :) he's genetically Buckskin, but many people still don't differentiate between a Bay Dun and a Buckskin as they look similar and the DNA tests weren't available years ago.

1001401_10151866424214974_1516742763_n.jpg

I actually like your turquoise top with him. Red, green, brown and white (with gold piping on the saddlecloth to reflect his golden coat) would also look nice. Look at HKM (loads of it on ebay) as they do lots of colours in saddlecloths, ear bonnets and boots/bandages.

debsandpets

Visit site
I use professionals choice smb boots on my boys and I have a golden dun and a bay roan. The dun has a turquoise wardrobe that suits him quite well, but he also wears their bright red too.

I cannot for the life of me sort out pics onto here on the iPad - far too technical for me !!!!

Last edited: