Colours of breeches

meganograph

Visit site
Have seen a few posts lately about the colour of breeches to wear for dressage and showjumping, but what is technically correct for each type of competition? Or is it more like beige jods with tweed and white jods with black?

Cheers!

Taz975

Visit site
Well I cant speak for dressage but SJ it really doesnt matter.

Although I think that beige does look nicer with more tweedy style jackets and white with navy / black.

Fiona

Visit site
Only my opinion mind (before anyone starts to foam at the mouth), but there are a distresing number of teenagers at SJ shows in thin-ish white breeches (some with visible VPL). I think men can get away with white (with a black jacket) as their breeches tend to be cut much looser anyway, but def think that ladies look better in cream (or more canaryish for showing peeps).
NB - have a lovely pair of mushroom coloured eurostar ones (Holmestead sale last year) which are really brill with tweed, and hardly show the dirt at all even after a long day hunting.

Fiona

meganograph

Visit site
I do remember watching some three day event coverage on TV - Jeanette Brakewell had just finished her XC. The camera followed her jumping off her horse, and her knickers were quite visibly twisted up her bum through her white jodhpurs. Argh! I just realised how awful I am for pointing that out, but my point is, I think teenagers are the only ones who can get away with wearing thin white breeches, VPL or not!