come on wee one!

caberston

Visit site
342 days today and the sprog is still in hiding! i know she could go for a while yet but i can't wait much longer, too excited! i might have to just delve in there and hoick the wee one out soon! this was her on Sunday at 338 days:

2il21z6.jpg

shes fairly bagged up but not much change in her bag over the last 5 or 6 days. lovely jelly bum though!

pointless post really, just rather excited :)

SpottyTB

Visit site
Sure it won't be long :p Patience ;).. I know how hard it is, had this all last summer and then when the foal was here.. i think he'd wished he'd stayed inside his mum!) - he had a flying lesson at 2 minutes old.. over a 5 bar gate :eek: cow bag of a mare.

Good luck and congratulations!! Looking forward to some lovely foal photo's!!!

SpottyTB

Visit site
Ah yes, it was a little difficult.. keep meaning to do a post on it on here.. will do when i've got some time! But yes she kicked him out over the 5 bar gate and wouldn't let him feed for 24 hours.. how he survived is beyond me! :) and Oh good, i love baby photo's!

What stallion did you use? :)

caberston

Visit site
I know how you feel! my mare has just foaled on day 361!!! Good luck!

i think il have exploded (or crumpled in a heap) by then! i have uni exams along the way as well which could be potentially problematic! she's massively fed up of being a ten tonne tessy now so hopefully the little critter will show his/her face tonight! *touchwood*

ss1

Visit site
I know exactly how you feel. I'm on day 343 today, mare looking much like your one. She has been bagging up for weeks!

Today we have milk streaming out when she walks and she was desperate to go back to her stable at lunchtime. Perhaps the flies were annoying her, perhaps the sun has persuaded her that foaling is a good idea and she wants to do it inside. Who knows....

Good luck!

domane

Visit site
I feel for all of you who are watching and waiting. I've only gone through it once, last month... and luckily she was 5 days early (no "imminent" signs!) and I know how stressed and out-of-sorts I was. Could never do it annually :eek:

You all have my sympathies and I wish you happy, healthy mums and babes :)

ss1

Visit site
Thanks Caberston - I hope our sleepless nights are over soon and we are both posting pics of healthy baby ones in the next few days.

It's my first and my mare's second, perhaps she knows it's less trouble inside than it is out!

LilMissy

Visit site
Oh are you having a race?? Can I join in?

My mare is 341 days today but has been threatening for three weeks!! All signs are there and I reckon it may fall out soon anyway! Vet actually phoined me today asking if she'd foaled as saw her a month ago and he couldnt believe that she has 'held' so long!

I discovered milk testing a couple of weeks ago and its amazing so no sitting up for me! Her calcium level just starting to go up in last few days so excited to see what her reading is this evening!

Good luck to everyone else!

ss1

Visit site
Absolutely, birthing partners!

I'll tell her tonight that she's in a race to the finish, that might hurry things up a little. It's so annoying that all the signs are there and still nothing happens....

The book I have talks about the colour of the milk in relation to the levels of calcium ie, white and opaque as the levels are high. Madam's milk is white and opaque so I'm hoping that something may happen tonight.

Come on girls........we're all waiting!!!!!

Best of luck everyone, keep us all updated.

Amaranta

Visit site
My mare currently at 358 days :(

Very triangular, very soft round her back end and absolutely huge (think goose egg on legs) bagged up but no milk to speak of :(

Knackered and stressed :(:(

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
Can I join in? My mare due on Wends (343 days) but is doing nothing, bit of a jelly bum and very small bag but nothing else. Milk testing with top level of pH and calcium 100 so long long way to go :eek:

Am sure she will be the last of all these waiting mares to go!!

caberston

Visit site
Amaranta- me too! mines only a couple of days over so i imagine your about to meltdown! ElleSkywalker- join the club!!

started to wax up a bit yesterday afternoon, looking pretty much same this morning:

jac9wk.jpg

what do we reckon?

ElleSkywalker

Visit site
Any news anyone?

Black pony has bagged up rapidly today, from hardly anything last night, but giving out fluid, to almost fully bagged up his evening, but giving out no fluid :( so I can't test her!

Have turned her out in the orchard for a bit, will try and take more fluid out in a bit but if no joy I guess she will be staying in tonight & full foalwatch duties for me till I can get something out of her!

She does look cute in the orchard, will try & get a picture :)

Amaranta

Visit site
No news this end :(

It's my birthday tomorrow, maybe she is planning to give me a present :)

Day 359 and counting :(

ElleSkywalker

Visit site
Happy birthday for tomorrow aramanta, maybe everyones mares will pop and you will get foalies galore for your birthday!

Black pony tonight in orchard, please note dispite a rather good impression she is not a shetland, the grass is very long and has chopped her legs off!

picture.php

And boobies, they still have a bit of a crease, but about 2/3 times the size of this morning!

picture.php

Still can't get any fluid out so unable to milk test her, have left her in and stocked up on sweeties for foalwatch tonight just in case, but thinking it is more likely to be end of the week :)

caberston

Visit site
anything today?? mine is looking even readier, milk looking much more... milky :) vulva also looks to have lengthened a bit too! slight problem is i have a uni exam tomorrow morning and it takes 4 hours to get there. original plan was to go back tonight but im going to stay and leave super early in the morning!

Amaranta

Visit site
Well it's my birthday and the bleddy mare has decided I don't deserve a pressie from her :(

The vet has been to innoculate a couple of others and even he was impressed at the egg on legs, he reckons it will be Wednesday as the sun is going to shine then - here's hoping :eek:

Today is day 360 :( I am knackered :(:(

caberston

Visit site
happy birthday but how very mean of her :( maybe she's going for the belated birthday present approach? :)

i think this looks more droopy than yesterday but im not entirely sure what its meant to look like...?

mry1rm.jpg

Last edited:

ElleSkywalker

Visit site
There is still time for you to get your birthday present amaranta :)

Milk tested this am & is pH is coming do slightly but not imminent, black pony currently sleeping flat out in stable, when she wakes up she can go out in the orchard for a potter :)

Caberston, looks promising, nice & slack & elongated, I think your mare is planning on making it hard to revise for tomorrow :eek:

Come on foalies!!

Clippy

Visit site
I'm joining your club! My mare is 350 days, she's very triangular behind, she has oedema between her forelegs, her lady bits are droopy but not as much as ^ that pic. Her bag is getting a bit bigger but teats look quite small. On the very ends of them there is a pin head sized bit of what looks like wax, but you do need a magnifying glass to see it. She looks ragged around her hips due to the weight of the foal giving her a low-slung appearance.
I've got a camera on her and it works on the TV in the house so i'm channel hopping all evening.
It's just so frustrating, she's a maiden mare so no foaling pattern to compare.
Ooooh, excited, frustrated and TIRED!

rach81

Visit site
Am addicted to this thread. Feel bait of a fraud though as my mare is only 338 days and I'm already fed up, grumpy and absolutely shattered (have just played midwife to 1200 sheep) . Fingers crossed we all have bundles of joy very shortly . Good luck everyone :)