Comissioned equine portraits....

jackpalfreyman

Visit site
Just doing a bit or research and thought i would pick your guys brains a little!

A group of friends and my family are going to, for xmas (hopefully) get my mum a portrait of hunky, but, havn't the foggiest of where to starts....so...

-can anyone recomend a good place to start...
-had a portrait done before?
-any idea of costs??
-what sort of picture?? Head shot or action shot (would there ba difference in price?)

I dont really have a clue as im sure you can tell, so any idea's/info would be gratully recieved!!

Links to recommended sites would be fabby too
tongue.gif

Bess

Visit site
You could try and win one in the competitions sticky at the top of the Lounge page, Simon Butler was the artist. Also PapaFrita does some lovely artwork, maybe you could ask her?

S_N

Visit site
I am over the moon with the one of my old lad Topper that Papa Frita did!! Also Irish Horse on here is pretty darned good!!

Blizzard

Visit site
This is an oil painting of my mare, the artist is amazing, is in the USA, if you want her email address PM me, she is very cheap too and can do them on canvas, or boards etc, mine was only £60 and is 30 inches by 18 inches!

68_1.jpg
f8_1.jpg

DSC05834.jpg

JaneMBE

Visit site
that's gorgeous welshie
smile.gif
Although I do pictures, I want someone else to do one of Eric for me, I have tried, but, well, it's too sad.

Blizzard

Visit site
((JJ)) I can imagine.

Well barbara who did mine is wonderful, she does dogs too but her horses are out of this world, this is another one she did, if you want her email let me know, she is super

ec_1.jpg