Comments on video

Lintel

Visit site
Personally I would prefer less jumping and more basic schooling on each rein. Perhaps a good cleae photo of eaxh side of her on the flat and standing square.That being said it depends what she is being advertised for. She looks lovely :)
I also don't mind a video of them on traffic- but again all dependent on what's she's being sold primarily to do.

It's a lot better than 99% of sale adverts I've seen lately Where they have a selfie with their horse and the horse lying down!

twiggy2

Visit site
I would reduce (considerably) the amount of jumping, show her in walk trot canter and stand on both reins with no jumps in the school.
Also hacking out amd traffic would be important for a lot of prospective owners.
I would also get rid of the front on stills.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
MUCH better effort than 99% of the for sale ads for horses I've seen. However, much too long, too much jumping and not enough basic W/T/C on both reins, and a few clear transitions up and down through the paces would be useful. A walk to and from the camera would be good, plus stills of both sides of the horse, properly stood up. 1 - 2 minutes is usually the best/max length for sales videos.

be positive

Visit site
I would change most of it, there is nothing shown of her walk, only trot and canter on one rein, flatwork before jumping ideally, less jumping, be careful of the shots where she is being held back by your right hand which looks awkward, get a decent side on confo, I assume she is 5 this time so would be best advertised as such.

Reactions: TGM

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
As above, a little more flatwork stuff but otherwise looks good. She's a cracking horse, just my type of critter

TheMule

Visit site
I like the final set of pictures so would start with them, then the flatwork, then the jumping. She looks a nice, green young horse who is ready to produce, but (bring brutally honest) the jumping vids do make her look a little ordinary (which I dont think she is if she's the one you've posted before) so may limit your market a little, it depends how much money she is

ihatework

Visit site
I like the final set of pictures so would start with them, then the flatwork, then the jumping. She looks a nice, green young horse who is ready to produce, but (bring brutally honest) the jumping vids do make her look a little ordinary (which I dont think she is if she's the one you've posted before) so may limit your market a little, it depends how much money she is

I was thinking exactly the same!
The video you posted before of her made her look like she had something.
Don’t get me wrong, these don’t make her look bad, but she isn’t showing the potential in her jump that she was before. Here she looks amateur/lower level event - not that it’s a bad thing either, but you might limit her market price showing this as her advert. The impression I got in the summer was she could be better

JFTDWS

Visit site
I'd like a video of her trotting up, shot from in front and behind. I'd also like to see more flatwork (walk and trot, both reins).

She does look a nice type though :)

exracehorse

Visit site
Definitely more flatwork required. And personally, I hate adverts with music. Always hit the mute button. I like a video that shows the horse standing square without tack on. On the road with traffic passing. Perhaps being loaded onto a trailer. How it behaves when rider mounts. Especially, if I was travelling a distance to view

Quadro

Visit site
Show her with less jumping, and over a decent fence with a rider that doesn't hang on her mouth as much. The photo of her over the filler on it's own i would remove. Her front legs are very dangly. Nice riding club type

Starbucks

Visit site
Thank you. I’ve kinda got to work with the materials I have (i.e. horse, rider, pics) but will try and reconfigure.

Starbucks

Visit site
Good point on the age too. I’d put 4 then had to go and change everything to rising 5.

Bit disappointed she looks ordinary, unsuprised I look rubbish but perhaps just confirms it’s for the best that horses aren’t my thing!😆

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
as others have said i would like a good shot of her standing still with no tack so i could look at conformation, then show her tacked up and you getting on to show that she is mannerly, then walk,trot and canter on both reins showing the transitions each time, a couple of jumps would be sufficient to see her style of jumping,,,and NO music...i would also want details written in the ad saying good to load,traffic,clip etc, she looks like a nice riding club type to me..

Starbucks

Visit site
I’ve given very detailed info as well. Not just the video!

I find it quite hard to write the advert so it’s honest but at the same time not underselling the horse! I think the add I’ve done is ok.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I'm going to go against the grain here.

She is a cracking type and very much sought after if she is sound and well priced. Videos can put off as many people as they attract, with people imagining lameness or thinking the horse looks too forward or not sharp enough off the leg or too light or too heavy, when she might actually be perfect for them. I was helping a friend last year and she put off several viewings until they sent video, then the horse was sold before she could view.

If she was mine, I would put her up for sale with one side on square photo and your best jumping photo and describe what a nice mare she is and how well she is going, on Preloved which is free. The market is currently so short of decent, sound horses of her type that you could well find she is sold within a couple of weeks with no need to work on a video at all. Serious buyers will come and try her anyway if you describe her well.

Two friends of mine recently bought after months of looking from visits after seeing still photos only and I sold my cob before Christmas to people who asked to try him before they had seen any video and I never had to do a proper sales video. If you are going to do one, though, people have given

ihatework

Visit site
Do you not think she looks capable of affiliated based on these videos?

Oh yes, for sure.
But more 90/100.

It’s kind of a disguised compliment because I REALLY liked what I saw in the summer but that isn’t really reflected in these videos and I think they do her an injustice

Starbucks

Visit site
Ok thanks. She jumps bigger / better shape when she’s feeling a bit spooky / green but think she’s getting a bit used to things now so more of a pop.

I’ve got someone coming to see her on Saturday. If that doesn’t work out then I’ll have a lesson next week and try and get a proper picture over a proper fence and do another iteration next week.

Starbucks

Visit site
OR if I do get a good jump pic I could maybe put that and I’ve got a good flat work pic then just send a video if people ask? They always do.

ycbm

Visit site
OR if I do get a good jump pic I could maybe put that and I’ve got a good flat work pic then just send a video if people ask? They always do.

You can tell them it's not ready yet, which is true.

Starbucks

Visit site
So do you think people are too picky with videos but then less picky when they see them in the flesh?

I’ve been sending loads of videos out thinking she’s only gonna look the same when they come and see her so they may as well discount her at the video stage rather than wasting everyone’s time.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
If you have an good video from summer (which people seem to think you have) then I would do a video including the flat work and whatever was good in that summer video, with the more recent video over the XC fences as well, as that shows more recent work.

With mobile phones etc it would not take long to do some more flat work if you don't have one. Preferably including some transitions. Also shots of side on each way.

ycbm

Visit site
So do you think people are too picky with videos but then less picky when they see them in the flesh?

I’ve been sending loads of videos out thinking she’s only gonna look the same when they come and see her so they may as well discount her at the video stage rather than wasting everyone’s time.

It absolutely happens that people imagine that they see things on video that aren't correct, and that people can have a very fixed idea of what they are looking for and change their mind when they meet the horse in the flesh. Dealers know this. They tell any stories to get buyers on their site, because they know that they can often find something that the buyer will like and suit, even if it's not what the buyer thought they were looking for.

ihatework

Visit site
What are you actually advertising her as / what market and for what price?

That will influence a response on how she needs to be presented.

Starbucks

Visit site
Just a nice rising 5yo, not done much but showing promise, ready to go out and start competing SJ/event/dressage. Nice easy person etc. I’d rather not say price. Not cheap but not a ridiculous amount.

The videos from the summer weren’t that good one jump looks quite good / is a bigger fence but it’s quite far away.

I’ll see how this viewing goes and then I think it’s maybe he jump pics I need. I can also get more/better flatwork videos.

ihatework

Visit site
No the summer ones weren’t selling videos. They were when she was very raw, but they demonstrated potential to do bigger stuff.

If she were mine, I would alter the video to show conformation shot, flat W/T/C on both reins with transitions and then edit down the current jumping video - I’d remove the bit where she starts the WH jumps and is really awkward.

I’d pitch her, on the basis of above, as a genuine, safe, fun, straightforward all rounder suitable for competitive amateur to continue producing. Which I think is kind of what you must already be doing.

Good luck!

Starbucks

Visit site
Yep that’s the gist. I had a viewing on Saturday but it turns out it was for a very young, small, nervous child so although she is all fun, safe etc. She’s not really that safe!

Viewing this week also for a teen but she sounds more confident. We will see!

Not sold a horse in years and years. It’s a bit stressful!

rara007

Visit site
I'd say that's a jolly good response from the HHO wrath! I do agree more confo, movement, flat, with just a select few bits of jumping, and also make sure it's clear she's rising 5 otherwise people might worry she's overdone :) Good luck! She looks a lovely mare.