Commutable to Exeter: seeking small livery yard + 20x60m arena

Sophie C

Visit site
Does such a thing exist? I've been searching for months. If possible I'd also like some off-road hacking close by. Any ideas gratefully received...

Sophie C

Visit site
I've just got home from current yard after a 45-minute drive... I'd say 50 minutes would be my maximum. I had a hip replacement last year and long spells in a car seat do it no favours...

Sophie C

Visit site
Yes, Rollestone is too big. I have to own up that I'm fairly hopeless/reluctant at Facebook (I only use it 'incognito'). I think I looked on Nutty Nags. Are there other pages I should try?

Barlow

Visit site
Is the 20x60 an absolute must? I'm on a great yard with amazing hacking and a 20x40 school with mirrors. 1 dressage trainer and 1 all-rounder instructor...

Sophie C

Visit site
Hello Barlow,
I may well have to compromise on the 20x60 school in the end especially if it means not having to ride on the roads/lanes, so it would be great if you could PM me with details of the yard where you are. Thanks!

dixie

Visit site
There's a Facebook page called livery yards devon. Might be worth putting a wanted post in.

SlinkyMinxy

Visit site
Strete Ralegh Farm in Whimple is a small livery yard with a 20 x 60m arena. I just notice on "livery yards devon" that they currently have a vacancy. They also have a website, so you should be able to google it.

Good luck with your search!

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Strete Ralegh Farm in Whimple is a small livery yard with a 20 x 60m arena. I just notice on "livery yards devon" that they currently have a vacancy. They also have a website, so you should be able to google it.

Good luck with your search!

This is near me! - just over a mile in fact. They've apparently got a lovely big arena, if that's what you want. The owner is called Andrea I think. The hacking is mainly roadwork here - if you're at this yard you'll very soon have to cross over the main A30 on a roadbridge!! But some nice quiet lanes.......

Sophie C

Visit site
Thank you for the useful tip about the road bridge, MiJods! I'm really not keen on roadwork - even on quiet lanes - after too many near misses in Surrey, so I've now moved bridleways/off road hacking higher up my list of priorities – above a 20x60 arena even... With this in mind, I'm going to start looking more over towards Haldon Forest way. My delicate little dressage mare won't cope with Dartmoor so I'm hoping I can find an area with 'easy' bridleways.