Companion needed

Jericho

Visit site
It is looking very likely that the little Welsh A pony that we foster from a rescue is going to have to be returned. He has severe anxiety issues and absolutely no respect for fencing or stable doors if he is not actually in with my mare (just the two of them kept at home). The farrier said he has a touch of laminitis recently despite very careful management but I am at the end of my tether of trying to keep him in and I think that he is going to have to come off the grass completely now which neither he or my fencing is going to tolerate. He wont stay in an electric fenced off part of the field even if my mare is 4ft away on the other side of the fence. At the moment I am having to lock him in a stable with a grill on the door to stop him going over the door but this isnt doing him any good. He is barging and showing no respect for anything or anyone (and believe me I demand it every single time but if I am not on my toes he will be off again straight away), and he is starting to nap badly when ridden, buck if we insist that he doesnt nap and therefore frightening the life out of my 7yr old daughter and me!

He obviously isnt happy being with just one other horse, me riding out with my mare causes major distress so I think its best he returns to the big herd which he lived with at the centre (although I feel terribly guilty about that). Unfortunately I can not accomodate or afford a third horse in time nor money so that isnt an option.

Anyway I will need to get another companion so if anyone knows of an elderly loan pony, ideally no bigger than 15hh who just wants a quiet life, live out 24/7, maybe the odd little hack out in company or amble round the paddock with my little 7 yr old daughter on(therefore 100% in traffic, real plod along type) and who mostly definitely does not freak out everytime they are left for an hour or so. Happy to consider those with minor illnesses if the owner is prepared to cover the cost of any medication etc. Absolutely must be as gentle as a lamb as my horses are more pets than anything else and all the family love being around them. Please PM me if you know anything...