Companion ponies

mollichop

Visit site
Will be moving my mare soon to a field I am renting. Currently she has a gelding in with her and 2 other horses in the filed next to her.

The field she will be going to has no other horse fields nearby so I will have to get something to keep her company.

I have done a search on here to see if any similar threads with recommendations on but there's nothing :confused:

I have looked on free ad sites and preloved with no luck.

Any where else I should be looking? Also has anyone experience of horses4homes or world horse welfare rehoming?

(p.s - I hate these new smileys!)

wildwest

Visit site
i know of a rideable mare super easy companion doesnt mind being on her own , 14hh 16yrs shes looking for token fee of 500 with full wardrobe . pm me if shes of interest

MrsElle

Visit site
I've rehomed from WHW, and can't praise them enough.

The whole process was very quick and easy, and we have a fantastic addition to our family as a result. They have a fair few of their available horses and ponies on their website.

Clodagh

Visit site
I know of a little mare down here (North Essex) who would make a good companion, she is fine being left on her own. She is very small - about 12hh.

mollichop

Visit site
Thanks - would need to be a gelding and pony rather than a horse - native type preferably. I do not want something to ride, he would purely be a companion that could be left when I hack out.

Had a look on WHW website and they have some fab sounding ponies, will maybe look into that more.

Thank you for the offers :)

Adopter

Visit site
I have two companion native type ponies from the Blue Cross. The support from them is really good and they have officers who will provide support.

There is more information on their web sight, but I phoned them and they were happy to discuss ponies with me.

Hope you find what you are looking for.