Comparison of FMD and MRSA

Halfpass

Visit site
Interesting article. It does seem that our gov are less concered about diseases that kill humans that could quite easily (with some money) be kept under control.
I work for the NHS and a few years ago went on an exchange to Bulgaria. I had to be swabbed for MRSA before setting foot in a hospital. Visitors were kept to the minumum and even then were not allowed at bedsides just in special visiting areas! A bit extreme but their MRSA results speak for themselves!!

jumpthemoon

Visit site
I'm probably a complete cynic but the Gov don't care about people, they care about money. Although I'm sure they would love to get rid of MRSA etc, there are more important (ie more financially rewarding) priorities for them...

Fairynuff

Visit site
when I did my RSN training back in the 70s nurses were not allowed to wear jewellery of any kind, make up was a no no, nail varnish was out and hair had to be tied up/back and away from the face. All the wards reeked of hibiscrub and other disinfectants and hygiene was a number one priority. Sad to sad that Id rather be operated on in the equine clinic where I worked than a NHS hospital
crazy.gif
I also believe that these super bugs are a result of the abuse of antibiotics and we only have ourselves to blame at the end of the day! M-antibiotic free for years
smile.gif