competing and vaccinations

mavandkaz

Visit site
What are the rules on competing and up to date vaccinations. have had to start a new course with the new horse - has had his first, then the next within 3 months etc.
i would only be doing local unaff stuff but will i have to wait till he's completed the course and is on annuals.
hope that makes sense!

Wiz

Visit site
Well for RC qual or BE you are fine once they've had the second jab so for local if he hadn't been jabbed before I would say that he would be covered after that. If it's just that he'd got a bit out of date but not too bad I think you'd be fine after the first if not a situation anyone will be specifically checking. Don't forget the third one in about 6 months before you go annuals - it's the one that's easy to forget!

mavandkaz

Visit site
thanks for that. have done a bit of a search but just couldn't find anything concrete, except for BE. am thinking should be OK for small stuff. trust me i won't forget the 6 month one, i'm not paying for all that again!

Zebedee

Visit site
QR.

Also please note day one is the day AFTER the jab, not the day on which the jab is done, so for example if you had a jab done on Friday 1st, you would be ok to compete on Saturday 9th.