competing BE on a ticket?

izzie+tottie

New User
Visit site
i was reading the be website and it says that a 4 year old horse can compete on a ticket, but it doesnt say anything about how old the rider has to be? could i compete on a ticket if i am only 11? because you can compete four times on a ticket i was going to do 2 BE90s and 2 BE100s this year and then do another BE100 at the start of next year so i can move up to novice for next season. i compete in pony club open so i know me and my pony can do it, just wondering about my age?

be positive

Visit site
As long as you are going to be 12 during this calender year, ie not had your 11th birthday since Jan 1st, you are allowed to compete BE, you do need to have clear runs to move up as I think by reading your post you already understand. If your pony is that talented you will be looking at the pony trials I expect, I would take things a little steadily and really consolidate before moving up, you have several years to get there enjoy it and try not to be in too much of a rush.

izzie+tottie

New User
Visit site
so if i've just had my birthday (early feb) i can't compete BE this year, even on a ticket? and i don't know about pony trials be positive, they seem really difficult!! i was just going to do some normal novices on her and see how she goes. we compete at elementary level BD as well as pony club eventing so she's quite busy bless her!! thanks for the advice everyone, its a shame i can't compete this year, but i'm already looking forward to next season!!!

popsdosh

Visit site
Just to clarify for the OP the pony could not have competed as you wished this season as 4yos can only run in 4yo classes

Matafleur

Visit site
Just to clarify for the OP the pony could not have competed as you wished this season as 4yos can only run in 4yo classes

I'm not sure that the OP was actually saying that their pony was 4? More that the only reference to age they could find was to horses age rather than riders?

I hope so anyway as that means they had a 3 yr old doing PC opens! :)

Cross post Khalswitz, sorry!

Last edited:

Lolo

Visit site
It might be worth contacting BE now and asking about how to fast track accreditation next year- if you've been doing PC Opens already, dropping back to do the required 2 BE90s and 3 BE100s is going to be a time-consuming chore. It might be they'll allow PC events to be part of at least the BE90 accreditation.

Pony trials will be easy for you- if you've done PC Opens aged 10, by the time you get to do BE you'll be cruising :)

izzie+tottie

New User
Visit site
popsadosh and matafleur - dont worry my pony's not 4!!! as khalswitz says it was just a comparision, but thanks for clearing that up :) and lolo i will certainly do that, because im not sure my pony would be keen on going back to 90 either!
thanks everyone for the advice :D

izzie+tottie

New User
Visit site
thank you kassieg! and i've been taught from a young age that you have to take the best care of your horses, because at the end of the day, you can't do anything without them :D