Competing Prelim BD.

Pillow

Visit site
Hi could you kindly clear something up for me?

I want to start competing my young horse at BD, prelim level.

Im a group 4 rider (membership expired though) and Im not really sure if I have to become a member to do prelim level or not? Just been looking at show schdules and on the prelim entries there is a fee for the class and a fee for membership.

Does the horse have to be registered?

Sorry for all the daft questions.

horseywelsh

Visit site
Rider does not have to member to ride in prelim, but you will have to ride in the open section.

Horse does not have to be registered to ride in prelim either.

You can qualify for AF's, but need to make yourself a member if you want to ride at AF's, i think you have to be a member to qualify for regionals???
Does horse have to be registered to qualify for AF's and regionals.

Pillow

Visit site
Thanks. Im not interested in qualifying for anything.

Am I right in thinking you don't get points at prelim?

ihatework

Visit site
You don't get points in prelim and you can compete in prelim open section without registering horse and rider, I spoke to BD last week as I want to take my youngster out but am too tight to pay subs just yet!

Pillow

Visit site
thank you very much for that. So how do i enter, do i need to buy a ticket? Or am I getting confused?

Im in the same situation as you.

amandaco2

Visit site
you can compete without registering you or the horse for open prelim classes.
you can qualify for petplan festivals but you need to register for the festival and the horse needs to be reg to compete in the champs
you need to be reg to qualify for summer/winter regionals, the horse doesnt for prelim. but the horse will need to be reg to compete in a reg championship.
phew!

star

Visit site
none of the above about registering/qualifying applies. only group 7/8 riders are eligible to enter restricted prelims and qualify for anything. other groups may enter the Open sections but will not qualify for anything. neither horse nor rider needs to be registered for open prelim.

Pillow

Visit site
Im so sorry everyone for my numptiness.

Im sat here trying to fill out the entry form and its asking for horse and rider mem no.

Then at the bottom it says " I certify that the owner and rider are members of British dressage and that the horse is registered with BD. Argh

star

Visit site
ignore that bit - they need to change their entry forms. honestly - me and my horse do lots of BD - he's not registered and I wasn't a member until recently. just sign it
grin.gif

Hornby

Visit site
Just ignore that bit
tongue.gif
If you want to be ultra clever you could add a note that you are entering yourself and horse in line with rules 2 and 8 (which state that neither need to be registered for prelim classes)