Competition horse breeding classes inhand?

Marigold4

Visit site
Can anyone one explain this class and who can enter please? Looking at a county show for the youngster and see a couple of inhand classes I think would suit. So definitely Competiton Pony but not sure about the inhand Competition Horse Breeding class. There's one class for youngstock and one for adult horses too. I'm confused by the word 'breeding' as it seems any horse can enter.

Visit site
These classes are designed for horses that would ideally go on to do one od the 3 olympic disciplines- Show jumping, eventing or dressage - rather than showing. The classes are usually judged on a triangle and you wear whites. Most shows state that you can do either hunter/riding horse OR Sports horse but not both.

Marigold4

Visit site
Thanks for yor reply. Sorry for being a showing numpty but by 'whites', do you mean how people dress for futurity classes? And please can you tell me a bit more about 'showing on a triangle'. Thanks.

Visit site
Your dressed all in white - white trousers and shirt/jumper.

As for showing on a triangle - not a scooby! Sorry! I show shetlands so just go up and down in a straight line! I think you walk the triangle then trot it but in all honesty i have only ever watched part of a class in passing and didnt pay much attention as its a class i would never do.

Marigold4

Visit site
Thanks. That's useful info. Sound like i'd be out of my league in that class so we'll stick to the Competition Pony inhand instead.

cundlegreen

Visit site
Thanks. That's useful info. Sound like i'd be out of my league in that class so we'll stick to the Competition Pony inhand instead.
any sports horse classes at county level will require your horse to be registered with SHB(GB). Quite an expensive exercise unless you intend to do several a year. I do these classes, and dress as for a hunter class.

Quadro

Visit site
The triangle is a triangle made out of poles and you basically lead your horse round it in a triangle shape, if that makes sense? Nothing complicated!

cundlegreen

Visit site
The triangle is a triangle made out of poles and you basically lead your horse round it in a triangle shape, if that makes sense? Nothing complicated!
Sometimes it can be white boxes with flowers in the top. Causes total melt down in some youngsters, and with a mark for temperament, it can influence a class strongly. I had to give a lead to another 2 yr old at the Suffolk County. The other was a much nicer horse, but was such a tit about the whole thing that mine ended up winning.