Competition livery yard south oxfordshire

charlie8879

Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to move to south Oxfordshire, ideally Didcot, Abingdon, Wallingford area but am struggling to find somewhere to keep my event horse and retired pony.

Happy with either DIY or part, but really needs to have a school with flood lights and decent turnout.

Ive googled quite a few, but aware that some of the best set ups are word of mouth and being new to the area its hard to find these places!

I would equally be happy on a smaller yard, either someone with horses at home that wants a livery or with a pro that has liveries.

I did look at Aston Stud, which I really liked, but was a bit further than would ideally like to travel,

basically open to suggestions, I understand finding a yard is about compromise, but don't feel I have explored enough options to make that decision yet.

j1ffy

Visit site
Is it Ali16 on here who has a yard in that area? May be worth dropping her a PM.

ETA - I used to keep my horse at Cane End though it's changed management since then. Great hacking, school was way too deep but hopefully that's now been resolved as otherwise it was a lovely place to be.

ecrozier

Visit site
My former instructor is over didcot way - lyford stud I think it's called? She's very nice - would be worth googling I would think!

aston bunny

New User
Visit site
Hi Everyone,

I am looking to move to south Oxfordshire, ideally Didcot, Abingdon, Wallingford area but am struggling to find somewhere to keep my event horse and retired pony.

Happy with either DIY or part, but really needs to have a school with flood lights and decent turnout.

Ive googled quite a few, but aware that some of the best set ups are word of mouth and being new to the area its hard to find these places!

I would equally be happy on a smaller yard, either someone with horses at home that wants a livery or with a pro that has liveries.

I did look at Aston Stud, which I really liked, but was a bit further than would ideally like to travel,

basically open to suggestions, I understand finding a yard is about compromise, but don't feel I have explored enough options to make that decision yet.

Have you tried Silverdown in Harwell. Thy have small indoor school, big floodlit outdoor school and grazing. www.silverdownstables.co.uk

dressage_diva

Visit site
Alden Farm - http://www.aldenequicentre.com/diy_livery.htm is about 10mins from Didcot.

I used to based at Joss Gray's event yard that is also there on the same complix. They have a school attached to the livery yard that I think has floodlights and definitely good turnout. The livery yard itself isn't a competition yard, but you have Joss literally just around the corner for lessons/training and the same access to the cross country fences and there used to be a jumping paddock (think it was going to be converted into another school) . Otherwise you could speak to Joss about part livery (he only used to do full livery) - he's a lovely guy and very approachable, so give him a call :) http://www.jossgray.com

jyoung

Visit site
Hi,

There is a yard in Marsh Baldon which does DIY livery (stable or grass) with a few girls that will do part livery when needed on an add hock basis. Has a school with flood lights, very good turnout and the hacking is not too bad. I have been there for 12/13 years now and event as well and find the facilities good (not as plush as Alden Farm or Asti but it is a lot cheaper to take that into account), but most importantly the atmosphere is brilliant with everyone pitching in to help each other and a lot of us have been there a long time! I also know of a yard up the road in Stadhampton which i can also reccomend. If you want to PM me i can give you more details etc. None of these yards i have mentioned have a website it's like you say more word of mouth.