Competition Long Riding Boot Recommendations

myheartinahoofbeat

Visit site
After several repairs my Ariat Bromonts are on the way out. They are very comfortable although the zips have a tendency to start creeping down. I need to get a new pair so can anyone give me any suggestions please as I'm happy to try a different brand. I do a bit of everything so wondering what boots other people wear?

RachelFerd

www.facebook.com
Have worn tredstep for years - original pair still going strong after 6 years and are used daily, albeit with one zip replacement. New pair are saved for best and are v smart! Only brand that I've found that caters for my tiny ankles and big feet without needing made to measure!

McFluff

Visit site
I tried loads and returned to bromonts. Not helpful, sorry!
what version are you using? I only recently realised that the ones I have (pros), have got a leather keeper that keeps the zip up. Felt a bit daft once I realised that!

myheartinahoofbeat

Visit site
Thanks for all the answers.

My Bromonts are pretty old, over 5 years so I'm sure they don't have a zip keeper upper. I use a plaiting band over the popper bit.

I'll have a look at Tredstep.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I love my DeNiro but don’t get cheap ones as have as the leather is inferior and elastic back panel allows this but also has more that can go wrong. I also have Sarm Hippiques which have been fabulous but now need replacing after 15 years. They just need resoling but when I spoke to Timpsons it was £90 and I only paid £250 for them....

Brogini are cheap and nasty now. Really gone downhill in quality.