Competition venues, cross country courses and other horsey 'places of interest'

dollymix

Visit site
I thought it might be useful for us all to name the places we compete, hire for schooling, or generally just enjoy riding. I remember when I first moved to Pendle I didn't know the area and it took me ages to find places to go and have some fun! Not sure if we are allowed to put links to places like this up (advertising???), therefore try and use places which are easily found on google! :D

So to start, here are a few of my favourite places within a short drive of Pendle:
Craven Country Ride (farm ride and cross country)
Crow Wood Equestrian Centre (competitions, arena hire, cross country course and gallops)
Gisburn Forest (GREAT hacking)
The Settle loop (more great hacking)
Osbaldeston Equestrian Centre (arena hire, showing and clinics)
Northcote Equestrian Centre (Arena horse, dressage and showjumping)

There are other great places a little further afield, but these are my 'locals'! All under half and hours drive lol

PoppyAnderson

Visit site
Was going to add Cheshire view farm ride but just Googled them and seen that they're not in business anymore. Not sure why but it's sad. It was a great place with lovely, friendly owners who did fab cakes!

Delamere Forrest is a lovely place to hack around.

Daresbury fun ride is coming up in March. Am thinking of doing it, if the horse actually manages to stay well enough to ride this time!

karen_c

Visit site
Was going to add Cheshire view farm ride but just Googled them and seen that they're not in business anymore. Not sure why but it's sad. It was a great place with lovely, friendly owners who did fab cakes!

Delamere Forrest is a lovely place to hack around.

Daresbury fun ride is coming up in March. Am thinking of doing it, if the horse actually manages to stay well enough to ride this time!

Ooh, Poppy, when is daresbury? Love that ride! :)

My horse is stabled in Daresbury and I didn't know there was a fun ride! If you find details please can you come back and post them?

here_i_am

Visit site
I think it was the 27th of march in 2011. I couldn't go last year, so can't remember the date. Will keep searching for this year & let u know if i find it! :)

showjump

Visit site
I thought last year was the last Daresbury fun ride (due to lord Daresburys estate getting split when it was sold), although i will hopefully be proved wrong...

ed&arch

Visit site
I'm in Malpas, Cheshire, and love going to the following!:

-Somerford Park Farm Ride
-Hadley Cross Country
-Kelsall Hill farm ride
-Harthill farm ride
-Tushingham arena hire
-Reaseheath colleges' fantastic indoor arena.
Could go on for ages! love where I live! Fantastic facilities so nearby to us!

ATrueClassAct

Visit site
Beacon fell is near me. Never been as having an unloading and lamintic lady. But the rest of my yard seem to love going there on sunny days!

VRIN

Visit site
The gisburn forest ride - do you have a postcode we can look up - or are there any details anywhere - things like where can you park, is there a map...