Competition yards Essex

elliefiz

Visit site
Can anyone recommend a yard in Essex preferably one that only does full livery or a really good competition yard. Within a 20 min drive of loughton if one even exists? I don't mind paying a decent price for livery but I need somewhere that treats horses as their own, where there is no faffing having to write stuff in diaries to have things done and there's a YO/ manager with common sense. I would prefer somewhere with no DIY if possible- do I sound terribly demanding?

sabel

Visit site
I am at a lovely, small, full livery only yard but not sure how far we are from Loughton? We are roughly 5-10 mins from Norton Heath if that helps?

elliefiz

Visit site
Glencol Haven't heard of threshers- does it have a website?

Hunthebun- Brooke farm is a definite no-no, I'm sure the people are lovely but the constant shows would put me off and the grazing isnt great from what I've seen.

Maybe I've been spoiled- I've been on some amazing yards in Ireland, horse has been here 3 months so far and it's completely different and all yards in the area seem to work under a similar system of assisted DIY as opposed to full, all encompassing livery.

elliefiz

Visit site
Sabel could you PM me the postcode? I could google map it! I was in Ingatestone today google mapping all the livery yards on their boards and all are just too far to drive to and from everyday!

ferdimb

Visit site
You could try Simone Ward Dressage, small, peacefull yard in Upmnster (just off A127) Full livery yard with excellant staff and support team. 20x60 floodlit arena with mirrors, individual turnout, walker and GP rider on site

lyndy

Visit site
What about Pentonville Lodge Stables, along the Crooked Mile, Bumbles Green, Nazeing. Full livery competition yard.

elliefiz

Visit site
Thanks all for your suggestions- I didn't realise thread was still going. Horse moved back in September to one of the yards recommended on this thread and couldn't be happier!