Composite stirrup vs flex on stirrups

Horse2018

Visit site
I have rn arthritis and I have stress fracture in my ankle currently. I thought it’s was time to get new stirrups. I like the composite but I was reading a review apparently they aren’t safety stirrups. I was recommended flex on they are lovely but I kind of worried that I spend that much money on stirrups that might not work.

Auslander

Visit site
Composite is a material, rather than a brand, so could apply to any lightweight stirrups. DO you mean Compositi Reflex - lovely stirrups, which have sorted out my aches and pains, but not safety.
~I haven't tried Flex-On, but heard good reports from everyone I know who has ridden in them. Make sure you buy the Safe On version though, as standard Flex On aren't safety stirrups either

skint1

Visit site
I have Compositi Reflex stirrups, they are pretty good and did help my ankles and knees, I have similar issues with my left ankle and right knee. I never felt unsafe in them, they have a nice wide tread, had a few falls and never been caught up in them (knocking wood!!). A lot of people on my yard are using flex ons and they all love them, if I was riding enough i'd look into those too. I also like the look of the Acavallo Opera ones

eggs

Visit site
I have a right ankle that was badly broken many years ago and now has limited movement in it and an ACL reconstruction in my left knee. Flex-ons have been a game changer for me although to be fair I haven‘t tried the Composti Reflex.

some places do a trial hire of Flex-ons

Jayzee

Visit site
I love Flex-ons, I didn't think that a stirrup would have that much impact, they are so comfy and really help my leg position. I don't have any experience of the Composti Reflex

palo1

Visit site
The compositi stirrups are lovely and if you want added safety, compositi do very light-weight toe-cages. They are really comfortable. :) I love mine but also have some icelandic stirrups which are very comfy and am thinking of getting some acavallo alu-pro safety stirrups.