concours d'elegance

birchave0

Visit site
I only know of the side saddle classes, they are judged on the overall picture of horse and rider. Basically the most elegent combination wins. Not sure about anything other than the sie saddle ones though!
grin.gif

Jemayni

Visit site
Never heard of it being done at really local level, but there is a very specific dress-code at county, I imagine it is the same at local level. I cant tell you the specifics as I never pay a massive amoutn of attention. However I know Deefa did quite a bit of it at county level last summer - shes lovely - drop her a PM!

Ezme

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
thanks for that so a pretty much upmarket name for tack and turnout?

[/ QUOTE ]

well kind of... but there should be a quality horse under there too. The driven version is the whole picture, horse should be a pleasure to work (like all show horses really) and look the pictur eof elegance that wouldn't look out of place in victorian Mayfair. There are very strict dress codes

chillidragon

Visit site
Councours d'elegance but itself generally means turning out, or appearance, to the very, very highest standards. For instance, in cars, you would expect excruciating attention to details such as (and I kid you not) every screw head to have the cross exactly the same - all like this: + and none like this: x. In showing it's kind of the same. You're looking at super clean, supple tack, super shiny metalwork, a supremely well turned out horse of good quality with absolutely not even a speck of dirt or dust anywhere, and so on. My understanding is you can have concours side-saddle and concours driving but outside of that I'm not sure.