Condition Comments

lovecharles

Visit site
I know i had one not long ago, but it was quite an old pic. He is Charlie today.

16.2hh Thoroughbred x 17 years old, been off work for 6 months, been back in work for about 3 months.

CIMG0894.jpg

teddyt

Visit site
I would say weight is fine. Lacking mucle on hindquarters, maybe due to previous injury? But for a 17yo horse that has been out of work i think he looks good.

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
He looks comfortable to me
smile.gif
Too much weight on anything, especially older joints just makes for/exacerbates problems. Keep up the TLC and attend to the finer points, like teeth and feet and the mins and vits and look forward to a lovely summer with him.

annret

Visit site
I know this has been mentioned in previous posts but his heels are quite dropped and likely to cause back problems - sorry, just felt it needed mentioned :/

I would say he's looking good weight wise and will bloom with more muscle and less fat. Good luck with him.

lovecharles

Visit site
thank you for all of your comments
smile.gif

annret: after seeing the vet and farrier, we all came to the conclusion that, the work he does (hacking, low-level dressage) he does not need remedial farriery, and at his age, it's not worth it. He has hadit long before i got him, and according to vet, he is fairly sound with it. i can cause a spasm occaisionally, but he sees a physio for that. If he was younger or doing more work/jumping, i'd have it sorted.