Condition score/topline?

only_me

What do you think of Billy's condition and topline?

photo_zpscd2d1dc7.jpg

Do you think he needs a bit more weight on in front of his hip?
topline is as ever a work in progress but I think we are heading in the right direction anyways.

So what do you think? :)

Undecided

He's very handsome!! I'm no expert, but to me he looks fine, I'm sure he'll fill out more once the spring grass comes through so I wouldn't be feeding extra etc just yet.

only_me

Thank you :)
He has filled out his frame over winter (he is 8 now) but just trying to work out how I need to fill the new frame :p

So you think he could still do with more weight on him?

chestnut cob

No, I wouldn't say he needs more weight. He is a nice weight IMHO with a shiny coat. The extra muscle will only come with the right work. I would want to see him fill out a bit more behind his withers and to put on more muscle on his bum, but he looks good.

He's lovely :)

only_me

Thanks all!
He is only ridden 3-4 times a week but is working at elem/medium level at home (competing elem) but due to hours of uni I can't ride him anymore than that at present.
So muscle build up is agonisingly slow due to limited work but hopefully will be able to improve once his workload increases :)

At this time of year I have to keep a close eye on his weight as he can suddenly drop off for no apparent reason, so than you for your replies :)

only_me

if I add this photo from this evening would it change anyone's opinions on weight?

photo_zps4bcf3399.png