Conditioning Feeds & Joint Supplements

khalino

Visit site
Hi guys!

So currently my lad is on Soft n Soak Solution Mash (the purple on) and Mollichaff Calmer, for weight gain and relaxation and he's putting on the pounds nicely, with three double handfulls of the mash and one of the chaff and he's looking really good for it.
What I was wondering is if anyone's got their horses on Mollichaff Condition Chaff and if they've had any luck with it? It seems a cheaper option for one, about £7 cheaper and at least £10 cheaper than what I'm getting charged up at my yard.

Next quiz would be about helping with mobility supplements. Currently he's on KM Elite Oils and going through it quite nicely, i actually need to buy another bottle of the stuff, but I would like to know if anyone's had any luck with other brands. I did try Devils Relief for a while but just got through it far too quickly to be of any financial value.
Would I have better luck with just common vegetable oil?

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
I have a 25 yr old on a mixture of

Grass nuts
Purple soft and soak
Equerry condition mash

I mix it all together in a bin and soak two scoops in a big bucket and that usually makes me up four or five days feeds when soaked, he gets it mixed with senior fibre from spillers.

I feed a home made joint supp of

Turmeric
Boswellia
Cinnamon

And I feed linseed meal as well, a 20kg bag of linseed lasts me 6months minimum and the joint supplement making up a 12kg tub lasts me the same. The bin of mash lasts me 10/11 weeks and the chaff about 5/6 so when I work it all out I'm feeding my oldie all the above for about £7 a week.

He looks like this currently on the above and a pony sized full haybar nightly

image_zpsejxipz3e.jpeg

image_zpsycyobruz.jpeg

image_zpsfwtfjspd.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator: