Confidence lost, crashing fall...................

lisan

pets.webshots.com
went up to do the SJ show at coppull today, got there and they were just about to start the 'horse & hound' novelty class, so entered with my friend, went in, fence 1, me and horse went flying, think her back legs slipped, she landed on her face and managed to flip herself out of my way and I landed on my coxie thingi - have a lovely bruise coming up!

Took her back the horsebox, untacked washed her off and checked her over, she seemed fine, so thought we'd pop round the next class, but got eliminated with a couple of stops! My fault, confidence had just gone!!!

Just sooo peed off, as been building it up all summer, to finally jump a decent size (well for me) class last weekend, now its all out of the window.

Thanks to Mandy and Becky (calliewalliedoodle) for being supportive, was nice to see you again!

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
Lisa that's such a shame when you were doing so well
frown.gif

Glad to hear you're both ok though, that's a relief. You'll have one hell of a bruise tomorrow though!

Hopefully it won't affect your confidence too much for too long - maybe just have a pop over some smaller fences at home during the week to get you going again.

lisan

pets.webshots.com
Going to go to church farm on Wed and pop her round their novice class, and make a start on rebuilding confidence, all summer to build it up and gone in half a second
frown.gif

Everyone kept asking if I was OK, but I was only bothered that May was alright! Poor baby!

Rachel_M

Visit site
Just think of what went wrong, agree that you can do better and then wipe it away and ride like nothing happened.

You have been competing like a pro- derby's here, dressage there......you are so capable and so what, you fell off! Laugh, grin but most of all show yourself that you can get through with it!

Most here will agree that you have the forum behind you. knock 'em dead!
cool.gif

wodger_woo

Visit site
I'm really sorry to hear about what happened. I can totally sympathsise with feeling like your confidence has gone. I've been like it for months.
I had TFT yesterday (its ok I'm not going to ram it down your throat LOL ) I then went out and was uber confident jumped fab, got cocky jumped too high, missed going in to a fence and hit the deck........I wouldn't mind but I got back on and did the same thing again 2 mins later!!! Luckily I was with the bestest person ever who after checking I was ok started p*ssing herself laughing (if people are too sympathetic to me I play on it a bit and I'm v wet )
I was only saying the other day that I hadn't fallen off for ages.....wwwaaahhh not saying that again.
Whereas your bruise is on your bum mine is attractivesly right on my chin and boy do I ache.
I think you are doing the right thing in going and doing a novice class and everything will be fine!!!

Evadiva1514

Visit site
Hope you are ok!!

Your mare looks lovely btw in your photo, the only thing you can do is totry to put your fall behind you and enjoy your novice class on Wednesday..

Good luck!!

lisan

pets.webshots.com
Did'nt realise you had bruised your face (read you post
crazy.gif
) And falling off twice as well, lol!

Decided to stick to jumping on better ground! Determined to get it sorted as there are only two more shows to the end of the season!! Will see how it goes this week, then could always see about the tft route.

_jetset_

Visit site
I'm sorry to hear you had a bad fall at Coppull... I was going to go down and watch but was far too hungover to do anything other than sit on the sofa
frown.gif

Your confidence has just been dented, not lost. You have been jumping great with May and I have enjoyed reading your posts of how the two of you are progressing. Once you jump at Church Farm I am sure you'll be back on track.

Do you have a good instructor? Perhaps a few jumping lessons this week could set you up for Wednesday night...

lisan

pets.webshots.com
You could have met Mandy4727 and Calliwalliedoodle if you had come down today! Hope you had a good night !!! Is Han feeling better now, with that lump?

There are some fab people at my new yard, and we have just set a full course of fences up in one of the field, so will ask for some 'encouragement/help' before Church Farm! Already have a couple of volunteer's/supporters to come with me Wednesday! Do love the new yard!

_jetset_

Visit site
Where abouts is your new yard?

I should have come... in future I must remember not to drink almost 3 bottles of wine at a wedding... I am suffering the consequences today!

It's so nice having people from Lancashire on here. Sometimes when everyone is arranging to meet up you feel a bit out of it
frown.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
Sorry, forgot to mention Han... the lump is still there and has now gone quite hard with a soft bit right in the middle (a bit like an egg really, yuk!) Thinking of getting the vet up just to have a look tomorrow night as I can then get some tensolvet off them which helps with haematomas (sp??) A friend on the yard has given me what she has left, but could do with some more as there is not very much. So it looks like anothet vet's bill - GREAT!

Fiona

Visit site
Sorry to hear this Lisa.
I have fallen off at a practice jump, and then ridden like a muppet in the ring, but the next time was OK again. Am sure it will be the same with you and May, you have such a strong partnership.
I'm sure if you start off in a lower class then normal on Wednesday, that you will both be fine. Take some rescue remedy if you think that could take the edge of any negative thoughts though.

Good luck

Fiona

mandy4727

Visit site
Lisa. Have pmd you. Hope you and May are okay. Been thinking about you both. Good to meet you again. Beki2003. Would have been nice to meet you too. No 3 bottles of wine is not a good idea!!!! Don't know how you managed it. 1 is usually enough for me. Okay then 2!!!!!

lisan

pets.webshots.com
[ QUOTE ]
Where abouts is your new yard?

I should have come... in future I must remember not to drink almost 3 bottles of wine at a wedding... I am suffering the consequences today!

It's so nice having people from Lancashire on here. Sometimes when everyone is arranging to meet up you feel a bit out of it
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm in Kirkham now, moved closer to work and family!

We could always have a lancs meet up!

jj_87

Visit site
Really Really hope both you and May are ok! She's looking lovely! Gr if we didnt have my brothers borthday on weds i'd have come across to Church farm to come and give you some morral support! xxx

_jetset_

Visit site
Lancs meet up sounds good... There's a stunning yard near Kirkham, I think it is called Hillhouse, which I was going to look at but it was just too far from my house in Heapey (think Bottany Bay exit on M61).

Hope you have some good jumping sessions this week, including Church Farm! Good luck... like I said, your confidence has only been dented, you'll be fine once you get jumping again this week. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Rebecca

lisan

pets.webshots.com
Will have to sort something re meet up! Hillhouse belongs to Luckilotti from on here!

Going to loose lunge Madam tonight to make sure she is OK then will go up to the field and have a pop tomm before church farm on Wed.

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
Oh no Lisa!!!
frown.gif
blush.gif
frown.gif

Please please please have TFT for last night - it will help you forget the whole thing so that it doesn't seem as scary - you will be able to continue as normal then - it sounds like just one of those things rather than May being naughty!
frown.gif

www.jo-cooper.com
just DO it - you won't regret it!
smile.gif

Kate x

_jetset_

Visit site
Well good luck tonight... I didn't know the person who owned it came on here. She writes for a website that I write for called www.Equi-Talk.co.uk which is a Lancashire based horsey website!

I think it is lovely there and would love to keep my horse there if it wasn't so far away. It seems that they provide everything.

Let us know how you get on tonight... fingers and toes tightly crossed.

Rachel_M

Visit site
I moved away from Lancs for a while and when I came back and started to look for liveries I was bummed when Chorley Equestrian Centre had stopped taking liveries as it is hard to find a place with decent facilities in the area.......and really close to my gym! Bugger!

Sooty

Visit site
If you can get your confidence back after that awful break you suffered, you will this time too. If you have tried TFT and found it successful then use that, otherwise just do whatever works for you. Rescue Remedy and talking to the horse both help, talking to her will keep you breathing and help your subconscious stop halting her!

_jetset_

Visit site
Huggy_bear... I joined next generation recently, still haven't been yet! I am presuming you mean there... I live about 2 mins from Chorley Equestrian!

I keep Han on the outskirts of Rivington on Babylon Lane. It's an absolutely beautiful yard and perfect for me at the moment. When Han's back competing though I am planning on hiring out various indoors and long arenas as ours is only 40x20m which I know most liveries have!

Rachel_M

Visit site
Yep, Next Generation!

I have to admit I have pretty much just used the swimming pool but.....start slowly!lol......have you had the dreaded picture yet? Not flattering!haha

I have an ETA of new horse for early september and I am on the prowl......*jaws music*
tongue.gif

_jetset_

Visit site
Oooo... how exciting!

I have started extremely slowly, in that I joined three weeks ago and have not been yet. Maybe I should start with the pool too, LOL! I am determined to go tomorrow night some hell or high water (or something far more tempting like hacking out, dinner, even house work!)

Rachel_M

Visit site
DON'T go between 4.30pm and 8.00pm otherwise its like driving the M1 in there! Plus you get all those ladies who wear full makeup and jewels to swim........I kid you not.