Confo and Condition CC of my TB please

Cazzah

Visit site
I know how much you all love these ;) :D

Took some shots at the weekend of Baz. How do you think he's looking coming out of winter? He's only ridden a couple of times a week at the mo due to dismal winter evenings and small baby but will shortly be in work 4/5 times a week and competing in most disciplines.

Side shot:
12022011106.jpg

Rear:
12022011108.jpg

And just because he's handsome:
12022011110.jpg

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
I think he's looking really great. Perhaps lacking a wee bit of muscle, but that's only to be expected considering he's only in light work.

Cazzah

Visit site
Thanks AmyMay :D . He's always been a bit ribby (quite a big framed 16.2) but this is the first winter where I can't see his ribs - though can feel them.

Damnation

Visit site
Weight wise he looks fab! Yes lacking a bit of muscle but when you get to work him more that will come :)
Conformationally I can't see much wrong with him, he looks like a nice horse :)

Nocturnal

Visit site
I think he looks smashing for a TB coming out of winter, I'm very envious! I have to work my arse off (and pay a fortune in feed bills!) to maintain that kind of condition/topline on my TB when he's not in full work. Nice job :)

Flir

Visit site
firstly - i feel your pain! :p i bought my mare in June. Fresh from racing so she was super slim! full of muscle but ribby!

She had an injury so been on box rest - shes put the pounds on in all the right places.. but lost the muscle! So am bringing her into light work. It is difficult if youre not lucky enough to have an indoor school or lit menage.

I think he looks good! :)

Cazzah

Visit site
Feedwise, we've been through it all!!!

He lives out 24/7 with access to his stable, in which there is always ad-lib hay and a small net of haylage per day for variety. Some days he eats loads, others he doesn't. He also has two feeds a day of the following: mug of Baileys stud balancer, 1/2 stubbs scoop of nuts, good handful of chaff, scoop of alfa beet and a good glug of corn oil.

TBH the things that seem to make most difference are the balancer and oil - and ad lib forage of course. I've tried lots of combinations and the above works for us atm. In summer when competing I'll swap the nuts to Top Spec Conditioning Flakes - fab stuff!

He was a real pain to get weight on when I first got him not long off the track and he also had ulcers which were blitzed with Gastrogard. TB's eh?!

mollichop

Visit site
He's looking good to me!

Don't mean to be rude but i'm getting itchy fingers looking at those pics - I just want to pull his mane and tail - sorry he'd look fab with a tidy up :)

Cuffey

Visit site
He's looking good to me!

Don't mean to be rude but i'm getting itchy fingers looking at those pics - I just want to pull his mane and tail - sorry he'd look fab with a tidy up :)

He looks good to me as well

Mollichop-- pity you arent nearer Cuffey's mane grows unbelievably and it takes years off him when its pulled!! Pulled tails a no-no in my house though!!

nikkimariet

Visit site
Bless, he looks so suspicious, peering at you out the corner of his eye!!

He looks fine to me, a little on the slim side...but he is a TB and it is winter and he's not in heavy work. Think once he is started in heavier work he'll pack on the condition. Can't see any bones I shouldn't and he looks happy, healthy and shiny :) xoxo

Cazzah

Visit site
He's looking good to me!

Trust me, he'll be having a real tidy up in the next couple of weeks ready for showing - I just like to have plenty to go at ;)