Conformation critiques on HHO....

Letting a dog scent trail a wild mammal?

• Total voters

PapaFrita

pilar-larcade.com
I, personally, wouldn't ask for a confo critique of PF because whilst I'm aware she's not perfect, I would still be quite offended if anyone didn't she was utterly gorgeous (silly, I know!). I'm quite happy for people to critique Antifaz because whilst I love him dearly, he's not mine!
So, another poll...

fizz-tally

Visit site
havent voted but i do feel that sometimes people do not think before they type & things dont come out as they sound.

saying that some people seem to love upsetting other people on here
shocked.gif

ihatework

Visit site
You guys would have a field day with my baby horse
grin.gif
I reckon he could be used as a model to point out conformation faults in a book!

horsegirl

Visit site
I think a lot of people of here post answers to questions when they have not got a clue. I never answer "how much" posts because I don't know anything about values but time and time again I see replies such as "I don't know anything about values so £1500?" If you don't know, don't guess! I would probably respond if someone asked about a horse that was VERY similar to mine but otherwise no. Likewise conformation I don't know much about so wouldn't answer either. I would guess if someone has already bought the horse they only want to hear how lovely he/she is and quite right too. If they are just thinking about it, and you know what you are talking about, then you could point out things to look out for. To slate other people's horses for the sake of it is just evil.

Irishcobs

Visit site
If I thought there was something odd about a horses comformation, mine or other I would post, interested in peoples views, but if someone said something I didn't agree with I would just ignore that post. I wouldn't let it upset me because I feel you can't tell well enough from a photo so the picture may be making it look like that. And at the end of the day its my horse so why should I care what others say.

I have as yet not posted conf pics of my two as I believe I know what is wrong with them, so don't need others telling me.

Bossanova

Visit site
I couldnt really care less what others think of my horses- they are what they are, they do what I have them for and I'm aware of most of their faults!!

horsegirl

Visit site
Some people, well only the odd one or two really, only seem to have bad things to say about other's horses. While their horse is Jesus in a fur coat!

annie02

Visit site
There are many reasons to get your horses conformation critiqued. You dont have to like or agree with what is said. However you should make sure that whoever is doing it knows what they are doing. I would like to think I know what I am looking at. I knew what was good and bad on my colt when I had him inspected by the warmblood association. They said very nice things about him and his movement but they also pointed out the same flaws I saw. We love our guys to pieces but deep down we all know they may not be perfect in others eyes but they are in our own....isnt that what matters?

gemz666

s19.photobucket.com
i have asked for people to look at my boys conformation as im not very good at these things
i felt the comments were fair and i agreed with most comment
however is there such thing as a perfect horse? i dont think any horses confermation is perfect?

rema

Visit site
My horse is bloody perfect and i would pass the hardest of critics NOT.i dont think there is any such thing as a perfect horse.But as long as it does the job for it's owners and is healthy you cannot ask for much more!!.

vic07

Visit site
i often laugh at the replies as they seem very naive! Would never bother asking - know what i think of all my ugly buggers!

spider

community.webshots.com
There are some people on the forum who are very experienced whose judgement I would trust, some who are lovely and have really good suggestions, and some who I would ignore I'm afraid.

annie02

Visit site
Heres one for you....most of the big jumpers I know have some major flaw. That is if you use the "clasic" formula for good conformation...but sometimes those flaws are what give them an edge.

For example, a long back...bigger stride
a short back, better turns

For every flaw nature has a reason and a compensation. Maybe the imperfections in our horses are why they suit us so well.

Bossanova

Visit site
Depends if you're assessing confo for performance or soundness.
A lot of confo faults dont have any benefits I can see- ewe necks, dipped backs, long cannons etc, etc

JaneMBE

Visit site
I wouldn't ask for conf. critque, mainly because it's not important to me. I don't do showing/dressage etc, just hacking, and we have had some pretty weird horses! Dish walkers, weedy necks etc.
However, I do ask if I have a problem and people can see from a pic and maybe help. Wouldn't hesitate to ask for opinions or help for problems (not before a vet has seen if needed!)

I value what people here say
smile.gif

Sometimes comments are taken the wrong way or are a bit harsh... however.... I often agree but don't have the balls to say so!

JessPickle

Visit site
I wouldnt ask for critique because I wouldnt understand a word of what they were saying if I am honest I know nothing about conformation

What I dont hear wont hurt me!!!!

EllieBeast

Visit site
I havent asked for El to be critiqued (sp!) as it will never make any differance to me. She is a superstar just the way she is. she is great at her job, so why should her conformation matter? i cannot alter her bone structure so what Point would there be in others picking her to pieces. She isnt the worlds best proportioned horse, she is like the pieces of 5 differant horses shoved together, but it makes her bloomin fabulous for what i want her for, and she is the most fantastic personality. I think people get far too het up on minor conformation faults. (I can understand if it is major and likely to cause problems) My horse was sold as seen, so i obviously liked what i saw, and thats all that matters, its not like im asking any of you to buy her from me for millions of pounds!!

annie02

Visit site
There are some hidden benefits. If you are not schooled in conformation then having someone point out some weaker points and stronger points may explain why you are having some problems in one area and not in others. If your horse has weaker hind quarters you may have a problem getting them together or they may not track up well. Having someone work with you and your horse on these areas or make the most of their strong points can really help your ride.