Conformation pics

mega spoilt ponies

Visit site
Picture URL

Guys

very grateful for some knowledgable opinions on this geldings conformation, strengths/weaknesses.

he is rising 3, hannovarian x ISH

thanks muchly

hope the link works, otherwise its in an album on my profile.

mega spoilt ponies

Visit site

Bazzel

Visit site
sorry I'm not much help with conformation, but got the picture up for you :)
attachment.php

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Very immature, looks rising 2 rather than 3. Long backed and very weak. Could be a very different horse in 12 months though. I would pass him by personally but he could turn into a swan just now.

TheMule

Visit site
A typical rangy, weedy youngster with tonnes of maturing to do. Hard to judge at this stage, it's an awkward age.
If he were a mature horse then I'd say long in the back, short in the hindquarter, goose rumped, lacks depth, long cannons and pasterns, weak hindleg. Back at the knee, stands over himself, good shoulder. Low set neck and it's a bit upside down. But most of these things will improve!

twiggy2

Visit site
agree re long backed and weak looking, long pasterns too and lacks bone, the photo is not the best to judge conformation from but his shoulder and neck set don't look good either- he may turn into a swan but he really does lack bone and is very weedy looking

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Oh dear that does not sound good at all! On the up side I now believe this pic is a few months old- perhaps he has matured substantially in that time :-/
I'll try to get recent pics

Don't get too disappointed, young stock change dramatically and making judgement on them is tricky. I had a big youngster that looked like it was by a camel out of a moose, it went on to be a heavyweight show hunter.

mega spoilt ponies

Visit site
Yeah thanks, just a good opportunity as it's well bred (sir shutterfly). But once bitten and all that... I overlooked ropey conformation in my last horse as he was stunning (big horse on small legs/feet) and he had severe navicular aged 5 :-( lesson- should've paid more attention to conformation!

MS123

Visit site
He does look incredibly weak, though at that age it really is hard to tell. At 2 my andalusian looked more like a gypsy cob, fast forward a few years and she blossomed into a true beautiful andalusian (her confirmation isn't spot on either)

ozpoz

Visit site
The video is distorted so it isn't possible to really see conformation or movement from it. But, I don't think he looks truly comfortable, for whatever reason. I am very,very fussy though.

windand rain

Visit site
If you like the breeding and he is the sex colour and height you are looking for go and see him in the flesh photos and videos are a dreadful way to discount or include a horse. He doesnt move as I expected him to but that could mean a multitude of things. Chasing about he should lift and elevate he just looks panicked in that video he is weak immature and underweight but it seems people either have them as fat as bullocks or underweight and I guess he will fill out once fed properly and will have grown slowly so shouldnt have the issues of over stuffed babies, I think he needs a lot of time if you have it then he will look different again in 2 or 3 years time

TheMule

Visit site
I've found a pic of him as a foal and he has most of the same conformational weaknesses there too. I personally wouldn't bother with him