Congratulations to Zara Phillips

Angua2

Visit site
Apparently the palace have announced today that she is expecting her first child, due in the new year

_GG_

Visit site
Yay...congrats to her.

Have to say, I love her timing. Fairly quiet wedding in the shadow of the William and Kate and she'll have a fairly quiet run through this as well thanks to Will and Kate.

I can't imagine either being on purpose, but from everything I have heard about her and from how I remember her and her broth being when I worked at Glos Rugby, not being centre of attention is probably quite welcomed :D

Could we one day have three generations of Olympic riders :D:D

Piglet

Visit site
Fantastic news and about time to!!!!!!! With the Princess Royal and Zara as Grandmother and mother, I am sure that the child will be well grounded. :) :)

Alec Swan

Visit site
After all the lectures in the Breeding Section, and AAD about irresponsible breeding, just look what the one person who should be setting an example, has done.

I only hope that after this someone will have her spayed. She'll put on a bit of weight perhaps, but that wont hurt. ;)

Alec.

Freddie19

Visit site
After all the lectures in the Breeding Section, and AAD about irresponsible breeding, just look what the one person who should be setting an example, has done.

I only hope that after this someone will have her spayed. She'll put on a bit of weight perhaps, but that wont hurt. ;)

Alec.

Only just seen this, been a bit busy, but do hope Alec, that this is you showing a bit of humour, or maybe you are not married or do not have children. It is the most objectional post I have ever seen you put up.

HardySoul1

Visit site
Did the timing of her announcement have anything to do with the selection of the team for European Championships in August? I don't follow eventing results religiously but thought she and High Kingdom did v well at Lumhulen after Badminton blip. Would awkward questions been asked about why she was not on team or reserve? Just wondered as baby due in New Year would barely be 3 months now, the traditional date for keeping pregnancies quiet.

_GG_

Visit site
Did the timing of her announcement have anything to do with the selection of the team for European Championships in August? I don't follow eventing results religiously but thought she and High Kingdom did v well at Lumhulen after Badminton blip. Would awkward questions been asked about why she was not on team or reserve? Just wondered as baby due in New Year would barely be 3 months now, the traditional date for keeping pregnancies quiet.

That or a concern about keeping the news contained after her fall on the weekend. A close held secret can't be guaranteed when you have had to tell ambulance staff that you are pregnant and other people are inevitably in earshot.

Alec Swan

Visit site
Only just seen this, been a bit busy, but do hope Alec, that this is you showing a bit of humour, or maybe you are not married or do not have children. It is the most objectional post I have ever seen you put up.

When you're not too busy, check in the Breeding section, or AAD (as I suggested), and see just what others think of irresponsible breeding. ;) My post was a dig at those who lecture others, not the happy couple. I'm delighted for them. ;)

Of course I have children, and grandchildren too. Calm down dear. :cool:

Alec. :)

CorvusCorax

Justified & Ancient
Visit site
Come now Alec, I am sure they have passed all the required health tests and are certainly fit for a days' work and have the qualifications to prove it. The dam especially, is herself bred in the purple :D and the sire could provide a very interesting outcross :D

lindsayH

Visit site
Come now Alec, I am sure they have passed all the required health tests and are certainly fit for a days' work and have the qualifications to prove it. The dam especially, is herself bred in the purple :D and the sire could provide a very interesting outcross :D

:D :D :D

Congratulations to Zara!