Connemara cross

anj789

Visit site
Like a Conny but a bit bigger, like a horse but with a brain. Does anyone intentionally breed such a thing? In my mind there was a thread about a breeder in Oxfordshire but all I find is Hen Knight which is not the same thing. TVM...

Bazzel

Visit site
I got one of them :D
attachment.php

Connemara x TB, he's like a big pony but very athletic, I adore him. Was specifically looking for an overgrown connie when we bought him. He came from a dealer up in Nottingham who imports from Ireland, but think I found him in the part-bred connemara section of Horsequest which is really useful. Also keen to know if there's a specific breeder though..

maxie

Visit site
I got one of them :D
attachment.php

Connemara x TB, he's like a big pony but very athletic, I adore him. Was specifically looking for an overgrown connie when we bought him. He came from a dealer up in Nottingham who imports from Ireland, but think I found him in the part-bred connemara section of Horsequest which is really useful. Also keen to know if there's a specific breeder though..

He is fabulous Bazzel ! I think he was originally advertised on Donedeal over here too -did he come from Limerick or Kilkenny??

Bazzel

Visit site
He is fabulous Bazzel ! I think he was originally advertised on Donedeal over here too -did he come from Limerick or Kilkenny??
Thank you! No idea where in Ireland he came from, his passport says Cavarn I think. The dealer was Willow Forge Sports Horses which appears to have disappeared from the internet, not sure why.

gingerarab

Visit site
Is it Carol Guy the breeder you are thinking of ? I have a fantastic 16.1 connie x tb dunn mare who was bred by avonbrook on here. My vet says she has got the best temperament he has come accross in a while. I am biased and think she is not only stunning to look at but also a really lovely mare.

rowy

Visit site
I bought my inka from Whitley village stud- Carole guy and she is the nicest horse I have had the pleasure of owning. She shows great talent for dressage too.
She is Connemara x ish but I'd very petite build but 15.3hh. Perfect for me.
Carole is fab! She now owns my exmoor and breeds her. She really cares about her horses and where they go which is lovely.

kez1001

Visit site
I'd love a Connie X TB :) I used to show jump one for his owner and he was super fun and did a lovely dressage test too.

If I was looking I'd contact http://www.avonmill.co.uk. J has got a great eye for a horse and frequently comes by this type. Happy horse shopping :)

kassieg

Visit site
My old mare was a connie x tb ...best cross ever for me nice bit of blood but with all the jump & the connie character
Would have 1 again in a heartbeat! !! & hope too 1 day :)

anj789

Visit site
Thanks will look for Carol Guy. Want something straightforward to RC, bit of eventing, won't stress out at the wobbly contact of my dodgy arm like the WBx did. Need to try for size but 15.2 sounds a bit small, depends if it's wide enough I spose. No time for trips to Ireland I'm afraid!

CAH7

Visit site
I've had 3, all fab :) The one in my avatar is my current Conn x and is bold, sensible, clever and charming! I think the English Connemara Pony Society have contacts for breeders of part and pure breds, and also a 'for sale' page. Good luck with your search. :)

pipsqueek

Visit site
Both my home-bred oldies are Connemara x TB (Java Tiger) although both retired now, were both the best, I have a Connemara x ID now, (she is my avatar pic) she is a bit more chunky but has tonnes of scope as well as being thoroughly nice little horse with a lovely friendly temperament, she came from Ballinasloe sales (might have spelled that wrong!) I would always go for an Irish horse!

Goldenstar

Visit site
I have had two both where near TB one a lovely mare dark bay with mealy points she was the best hunter I think I have ever ridden .
The other was a Master Imp he was a very very naughty boy but I did love him.

siennamum

Visit site
I have a very naughty connie x ISH. He is my least favourite of my 3 ISH x horses. The other 2 are ISH x TB, & ISH x Luso (they are much nicer - though not as funny) He has horror pony traits, looking innocent here:
264-FSW074-Emmpix.jpg

RisingMist

Visit site
Mine's a Connie X ISH

1004662_10151561418563657_646883019_n_zpscd377e7b.jpg

Though he's not quite the height you're after - stands just below 15hh!
He was bred in Ireland in 2006 and we got him from a local dealer. He's certainly a character!

Last edited: