connemara crosses

LovesBayPonies

Visit site
Hi there, my pony whom I have had for a year is a connemara cross, but I don't know what with! Could anyone show me pics of theirs and tell me what they are crossed with. It would be interesting to see! Thanks :)

Stroppy Mare

Visit site
Can't get pics to work, however mine is x TB. She looks like a typical Connemara pony, only less hair all over, skinnier legs and a very slightly TB shape to her forehead. Her jawline, neck, body and conformation are all fairly typical of the Connemara breed however.

Inside, her brain has the speed of the TB, with the agility, determination and stubbornness of the pony... I love her.

LovesBayPonies

Visit site
Can't get pics to work, however mine is x TB. She looks like a typical Connemara pony, only less hair all over, skinnier legs and a very slightly TB shape to her forehead. Her jawline, neck, body and conformation are all fairly typical of the Connemara breed however.

Inside, her brain has the speed of the TB, with the agility, determination and stubbornness of the pony... I love her.
She sounds lovely :) that's interesting i have a suspicion mine might be crossed with a TB she has a long thin neck and a fairly dainty head which does not look at all like a Connie, her legs are quite thin too but they have a little bit of feather at the bottom :) The rest of her looks like a Connie quite stocky though her quarters and shoulders. I think when she's too fat she looks like a Connie and when she's lean she looks like a TB. :D

swilliam

Visit site
I can't do photos either! I've got a TBxConn (50/50)who looks like a stocky TB, but grows an incredibly thick winter coat, and a 3/4TBx1/4 Conn who looks like a small Andulusian. Also got son of second one who's sire is Anglo-Arab, and he looks like a small TB, and what I think is a ConnxID who is a bit like an overgrown Connie - so you get all sorts!

LovesBayPonies

Visit site
They all sound lovely, its fascinating which features they inherit. I just wish I knew what mine was for sure! she has a very thin mane and tail too that's very straight definitely not like a connie! :)

atropa

Visit site
I ride a TB x Connemara..he has TB height and and general body shape but is bit more sturdy. He has quite pony- shaped ears and head.

springtime1331

Visit site
I have a TB x connie, had her a year now and bought her as a four year old. She's a funny old thing, proper old head on young shoulders. Never spooky and as brave as a lion, a fab work attitude but does like to see what she can get away with. She looks like a connie on TB legs. Having put up with a stressy DWB for the last ten years, my Dolly is so straight forward and easy going. I can't see me ever getting another warmblood again!

Charmin

Visit site
I have a connie x TBxID. She's my absolute pride and joy, she was homebred out of my little 13.2hh mare and out of a 16.2hh sports horse. She's very bold to jump, but she has to have a 'connection' with her rider and trust them in spookier situations but then she'll act like a lion - eg I hack her around the industrial estate and she's very calm. She's extremely forward thinking and can be a bit sharp, knows how to get herself into and out of trouble. Extremely pretty too, she turns a few heads! She does have the connie stubborn streak and you have to learn to work with her and not against her. Try and bully her into anything and she'll have a few choice words.

Loves her jumping, she does low level eventing at 80/90 level but she's only young and I'm at uni so I'm hoping to maybe get to a 100 one day. She tries her little heard out at everything and makes my heart sing. I'm at uni and I miss her everyday! She's currently out doing Novice dressage with an older lady.

10704160_10152823459051421_1519920378886427763_n.jpg

10846186_10152823459061421_8475540286224263318_n.jpg

10417638_10152823459356421_6899134974051974932_n.jpg

rowan666

Visit site
I cant do pics on my phone but I had a connie x arab who had the build of a connie but with a pretty dished head. Fabulous cross imo

LovesBayPonies

Visit site
Charmin your mare is gorgeous! So is that where my mare gets her stubbornness from! I have never really had much to do with connemaras before I had her, if she doesnt want to do something she will tell you. She has taken a while to trust me, she can be sharp and spooky but if she trusts u she is great. I will try to take a nice pic tomorrow :)

Summer pudding

Visit site
I have one too....no idea what he's crossed with. How big are the tb/connie crosses? mine is only 14.2, bought in Ireland, quite close coupled....lovely sensible temp (so far)..any ideas?

Feival

Visit site
I've got a 15.1hh 22yo Connie x, He is the love of my life. Had him 9 years now and done various levels of everything. He loves to jump, is pretty sharp very opinionated and wont do anything he doesn't want to. He likes some people and not other's, loves kids but not keen on men.

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
I have one that I believe is a Connie x ID, or so I was told. He's 15hh, built like a big pony and has that attitude too. He thinks he's about 16.2hh and that he's very important. Slightly oddly put together as has a massive head compared to his neck, a big body, little legs with massive knees, and a bog brush mane and tail. But I wouldn't swap him for the world, he is a gem. I've done all sorts with him including stuff I would never contemplate doing on another horse. Evented for the last two seasons then had a bash at team chasing this year; he was in his element. He moves well but can take some convincing to do DR/ flatwork, though he'd jump and gallop all day. He's as brave as a lion XC and throws his heart and soul over the jump for you.

Lots of pics in here. the first one the link should take you to is us team chasing about 3 months ago. If you scroll all the way through you should come across a couple of blurry pics of us when I first bought him (I've got a red coat on, he has his ears somewhere up my nostrils, but you can see how much he's come on. There should be some pics on my PB account (if people have time to mooch around in there) of us XC at Somerford too. He doesn't seem to realise he's only 15hh (and that's me being generous!!)!

http://i756.photobucket.com/albums/...6880112_7297119686330998151_n_zpsc74380ca.jpg

Kezzabell2

Visit site
I have two Connie x tb's. I cant post pics from phone

My mare us 29 and 15'1 and is like an oversized Connie. Massive chest and shoulders but quite small bodied

My boy is 4 and 16'1 he's also like a massive Connie. His legs are twice the width of my mares. But similarly he has a large chest and shoulders, which I like as it makes me feel safe.

I've had some horses with such narrow shoulders that I felt insecure on.

Personality wise they could be more opposite. Both brave but kelsey was a bolter if she didn't like something. Sam is a rearer.