Contact Lenses - WWYD?

Flibble

www.annamason-art.co.uk
Dear God in Heaven No. Anyone who has stored their lenses in saline for a few days has....got away with it ie been lucky. I have KC (Keratoconus) I must wear lenses I can't have laser surgery and I have in the past not been as careful with my cleaning regime as I should. Result corneal scarring on left eye means I have low vision and corneal scarring in right eye but not as bad. Please please please don't take risks with your eyes you can get ulcers blisters or very nasty infections so please don't.

Sorry it's so important.

Bestdogdash

Visit site
Slamina - very interesting. It was an eye surgeon who told me it wasn't an option with my prescription, he said the risk of the retina detaching was too high. He was not a fan of laser surgery though so probably a bit bias.

For the reason you state, I refuse to ride in glasses and always take spare lenses when hacking. People think I'm mad but they don't understand how terrifying it is to be so short sighted!

I had my eyes lasered at Moorfield Eye Hospital in London, on the basis that if something went wrong I would be in exactly the right place ! Moorfields is rammed with the best eye surgeons in country and each one advocates lasering (if your eyes are suitable) so am surprised any surgeon is against it these days. I can imagine opticians are pretty anti - if we all did it they would be out of business !

Last edited:

ellerslie83

Visit site
No - especially if you're only storing in saline which isn't going to clean them in any way. It's far too easy to get an infection that can end up taking months to clear or even end up with you never being able to wear them again or damaging your sight. It's just not worth it.

Gluttonforpunishment

Visit site
Bestdogdash - I'm guessing it must be something about my eyes then because the surgeon (Oxford john rafcliffe hospital eye clinic) was very adamant I should not have it done :(