contacting previous owners?

vivienne1

Visit site
my cobs chaps passport lists 2 previous owners first in 2001 when she was 8 and then sold to same area in 2003 I have owned her for 2 years bought off dealer from different part of country. I am tempted to try to contact these people to find out about her, I know she has had a couple of foals also has old leg injury. would you try to find out more about her or be worried about what you might find out?

quirky

Visit site
Not that I have ever sold one but if I did, I'd be more than happy for new owners to contact me.
As for being worried what you might find out, after 2 years of ownership, is there anything they could tell you that could surprise you?

Maisy

Visit site
A friend of mine is hirse hunting atm, and she copied down all the previous owners of a horse she went to see.

She rang a couple of them, and one said the horse must have been doped when my friend tried it, cos it wasnt at all quiet!!!

Abbeygale

Visit site
I would contact them - if I have previous owner details I will always attempt contact - although sometimes people may choose not to maintain contact. Every horse that I have sold I had always made sure that the new owners stay in touch, as I love to hear how my babies are going on.

I recently tried to contact the breeders of a gelding I had taken on for a friend, and I never heard anything from them at all. If anyone contact me about horses I had owned before I would always contact them back.

ttt

Visit site
Having two daughters going up the pony sizes, we have sold quite a few over the years. I would love any new owners to contact me and let me know how the ponies were doing.

244jimmy

Visit site
when i sold my last pony i too liked to keep in contact...

and me and bobby's old owner are becoming good friends

landyandy

Visit site
i think you should contact them, i still keep in touch with the lady who bred my mare, and that was 17 years ago
smile.gif

Skhosu

Visit site
I have done it and she was pleased to hear from us, I know I would love to be contacted by current owners of my pony, but all our horses are in their first homes since being sold so I 'm happy enough! We tend to see them once a year at PC areas etc.!

jo1

hotmail.co.uk
have only ever sold one - 3 weeks ago and the new owners have called me once and ive been to see her this weekend. Am keeping in touch as ive decided Im going to buy her back. They are doing really well with her and have offered me first refusual - am going to try and buy her back for christmas!