Contessa

Divasmum

Visit site
I've had no replies to a post asking about Coltspring. Has anyone been for lessons at Contessa? If so what is it like? Recommendations for other schools in Herts, Bucks, Middx and Beds are also very welcome. It is for an adult returner. Thanks.

BessyBoo

Visit site
Hi, I rode there for a while, while I was at Uni and had plenty of time.. and loved it! Everyone seemed really nice and professional, I only had private lessons so can't speak for group ones, but they start you off on a "cob" for an assessment lesson. The cobs look like plods, and will be if you let them, but all their horses are sooo well schooled, they'll do anything if you get stuck into them. Then you progress onto the daintier more dressage-type horses, but to be honest I was just as happy on the cobs! So yeah had a great time there, and tbh a lot cheaper than anywhere else near me where the horses were not nearly as nice, so I'd definately recommend Contessa :)

Divasmum

Visit site
Thank you for the replies. Contessa is quite a long way from me but sounds worth the drive. I will have to investigate Twin Trees. I have no idea where it is.

Red30563

Visit site
I rode at Contessa for a few years and loved it. I went there as an adult returner in my late 30s, and the tuition there was great. This was about 8 years ago but I know it is still an excellent place. I had private lessons or semi-private with a friend. The RIs were fab but it was also great when the owner Tina would pop into a lesson to watch for a bit. You knew you would get a few tips that were nuggets of pure gold, she is such a great rider and instructor.