"Conventional" Looking Treeless Saddles?

ShadowFlame

Visit site
Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm looking at Freemax Acavallo, Trekker Inspiration, Startrekk, any other conventional looking saddles? Which ones are good and which ones are a "don't touch with a bargepole"? Any opinions / experiences appreciated :)

Alphamare

Visit site
I think freemax are ok they are based on the Freeform which I have and recommend. Also heather moffat which I have and recommend. She is about to release a leather tree saddle which you may want up consider as the fit is flexible and the synthetic version is under £350

nevis

Visit site
All I would say is beware cheapies... If you've any pelvic dysfunction you will need decent support... and if your horse has any structural issues then he too will need a saddle that will provide support for your weight... just an opinion!

I've got the Hybrid Trail Sensation saddle and am really impressed... I'm just forest yomping in an icelandic with a wee bit of schooling tho... he's happy and unbelievably I am pain free in the wonky hip and the best balanced I've been in 10 years.

My saddler's had a look at it and been impressed with the way it's put together and the weight distribution with the skito pad underneath. I'm thinking of getting the dressage one to loan out to clients who are in between saddles.

This is what the DR looks like... I really really recommend the skito pad - serious bit of thinking had gone into both it and the saddle - they take your weight and measurements as well as the horses and figure out which gel is most appropriate for pad and saddle as well as the sizings.

http://www.nickerssaddlery.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=99&Itemid=182

Try as many as you can... what's right for one person/horse combo doesn't make it the wonder saddle for all.

Good luck!

TigerTail

Visit site
Heather Moffetts are fabulous properly support and spread your weight rather than being a pad with stirrups attached like so many of the cheapies!

The vogues are gorgeous and shes just doing a new range called flexees which are leather treed as opposed to the memory foam in the vogues and you couldnt pull them out of a lineup for being treeless :)

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Mine isn't completely conventional looking, but looks fine when you're sat on imho. I've got a Barefoot London (dressage model) with a physio pad. It was recommended by the chiro and my horses back has really muscled out now. It does make me sit wider, which is not a problem for me. :)

Piglet

Visit site
I have a HM saddle, am going to buy the new synthetic one when it comes out - I love 'em!! :) :)

Have got a buyer for my leather GP Vogue and am going to maybe buy a dressage and GP synthetic - am waiting for a reply back for my trial

Ashgrove

www.facebook.com
I've got a GP Total Saddle Solution, it's very conventional looking and very comfortable. I've used it for dressage (very low key) trec, hacking, schooling and endurance with no problems.

Oberon

Visit site
Solution
Heather Moffet's saddles (SBS, Fhoenix, Vogue, and the new one I can't remember the name of)
Trekker
StarTrek
Freemax

are all safe to use.

Steer clear of (my opinion, which does NOT reflect the views of IPC Media;))

Dream Team
Unbranded saddles
Easytrek

Spotsrock

Visit site
My opinion only but if t want to jump in it steer well clear of freemax unless u have a very patient saddler not afraid of non conventional methods to take it apart and put it back together so as it's useable. Mine had sharp screws centimeters from my knees and the leather was simply glued to the foam so alteration were very difficult despite requesting a low cantle and not getting one.

intouch

Visit site
Solution
Heather Moffet's saddles (SBS, Fhoenix, Vogue, and the new one I can't remember the name of)
Trekker
StarTrek
Freemax

are all safe to use.

Steer clear of (my opinion, which does NOT reflect the views of IPC Media;))

Dream Team
Unbranded saddles
Easytrek

Agree with HM - excellent - but don't agree your opinion on Dream Team - we have had one for a couple of years, all our horses go well in it and it is very comfortable, my daughter jumps up to 1m in it. Maybe not the most conventional to look at, though.

Oberon

Visit site
Agree with HM - excellent - but don't agree your opinion on Dream Team - we have had one for a couple of years, all our horses go well in it and it is very comfortable, my daughter jumps up to 1m in it. Maybe not the most conventional to look at, though.

Glad you got a good one.

Two friends bought brand new ones. Two friends ended up with sore horses very quickly. One needing the full summer off and physio due to the saddle breaking (with light use and a lightweight rider) and damaging the horses shoulder.

Vendor fought tooth and nail rather than honour the warranty...until legal action was threatened.

intouch

Visit site
That's not so good - but neither of us is lightweight, and saddle gets used 3 or 4 times a day. Sorry your friends had a bad experience, but we love ours!

kaiserchief

Visit site
My favourite treeless saddle is the Freeform - I had one for many years on my old pony who always went beautifully in it and I found it immensely comfortable.

I've also had a Fitform and Diddi Pad which were lovely but not as supportive (and the Diddi Pad tended to slide back). A friend has a Heather Moffett Vogue which is just gorgeous and I've been coveting Sensation saddles for years.

I'm planning on buying a Heather Moffett FlexEE as soon as one is available, if pony likes it as much as I do when we get our visit from an agent.

Alphamare

Visit site
I have both the Freeform and the HM and plan on buying the leather tree too. I love them both and they do give very different but very comfortable rides. Apparently the Freeform (although not quite as traditional looking as the HM or a solution) is very popular with endurance riders. I think that says a lot.

I woulndt jump in my HM but then I am planning on hunting and cross country with the boy who wears it. It's him I'm buying the flexEE for

Pascal96

Visit site
Had my first ride in a treeless saddle yesterday. It was a Solution Freestyle. Both horse and I were very happy in it and horse moved much more freely than in her KN dressage saddle. It looks slightly different to a conventional saddle but once you are sat on it the differences don't show. Am going have a longer trial on a Solution Smart which looks even more like a normal saddle and if we are still happy will be purchasing one of those.

Oberon

Visit site
I have both the Freeform and the HM and plan on buying the leather tree too. I love them both and they do give very different but very comfortable rides. Apparently the Freeform (although not quite as traditional looking as the HM or a solution) is very popular with endurance riders. I think that says a lot.

I woulndt jump in my HM but then I am planning on hunting and cross country with the boy who wears it. It's him I'm buying the flexEE for

My Freeform has done over 300 miles and still looks new (and I do not look after my tack :p)