Coolest Fly Rug on the market?

Lollysmum

Visit site
Apologies if this has been done to death before, but I'm just wondering which fly rugs are the coolest (as in least likely to end up with a sweaty horse, not the ones with the most street cred :cool:)??

I bought BD one of the Bucas sun and showers ones back in the autumn of last year and whilst it does what is says on the tin, he wore it yesterday and came in rather warm. I appreciate in this heat they are likely to be hot in anything, but there must be cooler varieties out there so can anyone recommend?

:)

ThePony

Visit site
Ours are in a rambo sweet itch hoody and a derby house fly sheet - both of them are cooler in them than out and neither have ever sweated up in them, despite one being a v hot type!

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
Mine are in weatherbeeta airflow combos. So are most of the liveries. I have tried many different sorts over the years and I find these are by far the best. My very sweaty mare is cooler with it on than without it.

FVT23

Visit site
Premier Equine have a new one just out which is very lightweight and cool apparently. Might be worth a look..... think its quite expensive though....

Luci07

Visit site
Premier Equine have a new one just out which is very lightweight and cool apparently. Might be worth a look..... think its quite expensive though....

That's the one I want to try - also should help stop his coat bleaching out as he is a very dark bay!

almostthere

Visit site
That's the one I want to try - also should help stop his coat bleaching out as he is a very dark bay!

if it's the "super lite" one you are talking about then i have just put that on my grey today for the first time. It is very lightweight - almost like mesh but not particularly "soft" so will report back to let you know how he came in....

starryeyed

Visit site
I've just bought the premier equine super-lite fly rug too! She's worn it a couple of times now and I'm amazed at how lightweight it is. And the "non-static" statement is true, huge plus! Its obviously early days but I haven't noticed her sweating in it yet, and it has been hot these past few days. Am really impressed with it, fits her so well too.

tormor

Visit site
The premier equine rug is supposed to soften up after a little use. Spoke to them at BETA and they said that they had trialled it for a year before putting it on the market