Coral Cove event horse before he was famous

tpottalula

New User
Visit site
Hi did anyone ever use coral cove for stud before he was famous , i understand that he was named millstreet gold previously and was registered as being out of ballinvella TB , i have recently purchased a filly who is out of bridies cove a very dark bay mare foaled in 1994 and was told that she was related to coral cove does any one have any information that could help me , did you breed bridies cove in 1994 or do you now anyone that did ?

Dunlin

Visit site
Here's some good information

http://www.williammicklem.com/tophorses.html

4 CORAL COVE… RECORD BREAKING POINTS WINNER AND MEDALIST FOR BRITISH TEAM – Riders Polly & Vere Phillips - UK
By MILL JESS (I/2 TB) out of a Carnival Night (TB) mare 168 Chesnut Gelding.

Mill Jess was a half brother of that wonderful jumping mare Jessica, who went to the Olympics with Heidi Robbiani, while Coral Cove’s dam, Green Glens Vixen, was a half sister of the famous international jumpers Millstreet Ruby and Millstreet Pearl.

This was the one really famous horse that got away. Having seen him jumping at Millstreet as a 5 yo, when owned by Noel C Duggan, I recommended him to Karen O’Connor and we subsequently bought him only for him to fail the vet on his hind leg flexion tests. It didn’t take long for English dealer Vere Phillips to follow behind and buy him. With Polly and Vere Phillips he won almost 1,300 points in 10 years of continuous success.

Tragically he also gave Polly the fall that killed her, but went on afterwards to compete at the highest level with Vere Phillips and became a Grade A jumper. Every death of a young person in sport is especially tragic, but challenging ourselves and taking risks is an integral part of most lives to a greater or lesser degree. Total safety is not an option that is either possible for most people or desirable for many people, but within equestrian sport we still have a duty to train and prepare competitors, and set tests, in such a way that the vast majority of cases can compete without such tragic accidents.