cordless clippers

ann-jen

Visit site
Its getting towards that time again and my clipper phobic horse is starting to get sweaty after work so I need to start thinking about what to do with her. I've been trying to desensitise her to the buzzy clipper noise using a hand held massage unit and have made some small progress but think ideally I need some cordless clippers so she can move around and I can follow her without worrying about getting caught up in the flex.
Has anyone used any or can recommend me a good pair to try. They need to be powerful enough and with enough charge to do a blanket or possibly chaser clip - so not those cordless jobs that are just for trimming legs and things. Ideally with a really quiet motor that doesn't vibrate too much as thats what she really hates - especially on her neck.
Many thanks in advance.
smile.gif

threeponies

Visit site
I've got heiniger cordless clippers and they can clip 2 horses on a charge, and the battery is fully charged in about an hour. They are also quite quiet, with a noise not really like clippers. Hope this helps.

Honeypots

Visit site
I have the Liveryman Whisper. They're quiet and I have used them for a blanket clip on a 16.2hh ID type (alot of horse!) no probs.

Louby

Visit site
I have the Moser Avalon, look and sound like a trimmer but do a full clip. I take ages clipping and the battery lasts forever. I was sceptical at first about there ability as they seem so small but they are great. Also cured my clipper phobic horse.