Cordless Clippers

atlantis

equinetouchjo.wordpress.com
Looking at buying some clippers. I used to have the Moser Avalon clippers for my old boy but sold them when I sold him.

I saw the Clipperman Dragon clippers when at Blenheim. They looked good but I'm wondering if they're fairly new as can't find any reviews on them.

My mare is nervous to clip but does get used to things with time so some cordless clippers would make it easier to introduce them to her. She is also not great with cables/hoses around her, and although getting much better, not worrying about the cable would be good.

Has anyone used them? I'll try to post a pic but I haven't tried yet since photobox doesn't work.

Ta

atlantis

photo.php

photo.php

Last edited:

jessykai

Visit site
I've just bought the clipperman dragon, so far they've been brill, done a full clip minus legs on a cob, a very hairy pony and two full clips on a standardbred. I'm not the best at clipping (aka crap!) but even with my lack of skills they done a brill job and seem quite forgiving

Leo Walker

Visit site
I was not impressed with the price or performance of the clipperman trimmers. Massive waste of money in my case :( My Masterclip clippers on the other hand are brilliant performance and price wise!

zaminda

Visit site
I've got some lister liberty clippers. I clip a lot of horses and they have been great. They are also quite lightweight which is brilliant especially when I am doing multiple horses back to back.

pippixox

Visit site
i also have lister liberty clipper. compared to my friends cable clippers they are not as powerful. but I do prefer them, as they are a lot quieter, and although mine are mostly OK to clip, at first my mare was a nightmare so I like not have a cable to worry about. also handy if yard does not have good electric points

atlantis

I was not impressed with the price or performance of the clipperman trimmers. Massive waste of money in my case :( My Masterclip clippers on the other hand are brilliant performance and price wise!

I have a set of masterclip clippers. Had them 2 years now. Been great for my lot.

I'll check them out thank you

atlantis

I've just bought the clipperman dragon, so far they've been brill, done a full clip minus legs on a cob, a very hairy pony and two full clips on a standardbred. I'm not the best at clipping (aka crap!) but even with my lack of skills they done a brill job and seem quite forgiving

Ooh how quiet are they compared to normal clippers?

atlantis

I've ordered the dragon. Found a couple of reviews and videos on them and they're lighter than the masterclip so I've gone for it. Got a competitive price and a free trimmer too so hopefully we'll have a clean clipped pony soon. Just got to do some desensitising with her first!!

Kezzabell2

Visit site
I've got Liveryman Harmony.

Save your money; they might just be OK for a light-coated TB or WB but as much use as a nun in a punch-up for hairy ponies.

I have these too and I have the total opposite experience! I have a fluffy connie x tb and they've not struggled to get through his coat at all! I've had them 2 years this winter and clip every 6 weeks from the end of October and I've still not had to get the blades sharpened! but will get some new blades before I clip later this month, just in case!

Moomin1

Visit site
I have livery man harmony and love them. I've done three full clips on my hairy gypsy cob no problem. They do get a bit hot doing a full clip but otherwise great

Second this. My mare has to have IV sedation to be clipped usually but has absolutely nothing with the Harmony including having her head done

conniegirl

Visit site
Ive also got the liveryman harmony plus clippers and they have done 3 years of clipping my ID x yeti with no issues at all. (Fully clipped)