Coronavirus and part livery yard bans - unique situation that I could do with some guidance on

Tash88

Visit site
Hi everyone, I haven't been on the forum in a while and I know this topic has been done to death, but I think my situation might be slightly unique.

The situation with C19 seems to be changing daily and restrictions are becoming tighter in terms of exercise etc., largely due to people's ignorance re still gathering in groups etc. I totally respect what the government is trying to achieve and think the restrictions are sensible and realistic.

My horse is on part livery at a small, private yard on the YO's land (essentially her garden). My horse had an arthroscopy on both stifles last September followed by 6 weeks box rest and 6 months turnout in a small pen, so he is out overnight (vet approved this as it was his routine before and less stimulation at night = less running around). He was supposed to be reviewed at the end of April with the view to coming back into work but I imagine this is going to be postponed now due to the lockdown. No problem, it is what it is.

The other two liveries are a couple with three horses; one retired and two in work. These owners don't like their horses to be turned out for longer than an hour a day because they are terrified of them hurting themselves, so they need to be exercised 6 days a week really. They have reduced the risk of their ridden activities (i.e. only the more experienced and confident one riding) so that they are less likely to have an accident and use the NHS. They are still allowed to go but I am not. First my YO said I could go to the yard but we have been sticking to the 2m rule (more most of the time); I am wearing gloves when there as I am using her tools and I am not spending more time there than necessary. Yesterday she said I couldn't go because my visits aren't essential because he is on livery and I am only there to 'give him a cuddle'.

This is an awkward situation though because I am not 100% happy with the care my horse receives. Everything is fine in terms of what he needs, but her standards are just not as high as mine. My standards aren't silly but I do like his stable to be clean and she doesn't take the wet out as much as she should. I am a hands-on owner and I used to have my horse on DIY but moved to part livery because I moved him 15 miles from home and again, I was in a job where I had to travel a lot. I do everything when I am there (whether my horse is in work or not) and will often help with YO's horses; I have looked after the place when she has gone to stay away shows and done evening stables when she has been competing loads of times (all for free), so she clearly thinks I'm competent etc. She isn't a naturally grateful person though, not that she would say to my face. Every weekend I have to take at least three wheelbarrows of wet bedding out because she hasn't done it all week. I could ask her to but she will ignore me, like she ignores me when I ask her to take his rug off during the day as he is hairy and itchy (I ask the other liveries to check so I know it often hasn't been done). Despite all this I do like her and she has a good side, she is just a bit slack (and is a terrible over-rugger to her own horses)

I paid my livery today and I'm thinking of just paying extra for her to pick his feet out (she doesn't do this either) and give him a groom a couple of times a week. But then I'm thinking why should I do that when the other liveries can go there to ride?! It would be awkward for me to say anything though because then she would know I'm not happy with her. I think her yard is fine if I can be there to keep an eye on things, and it has a lot of positives. I am thinking of moving when my horse is back in work, but at the moment the set up is perfect for his rehab with lots of small paddocks for quiet turnout.

In the last 6 months, to keep myself more occupied when my horse has been recovering I have got a new job which is further away from my last job, which was 15 mins from the yard. I wasn't happy where I was and my new job came with a significant payrise and career progression, but also involved a bit more travelling. My view was that I could focus on that for 6 months, settle in and then when my horse came back into work, pay for some help and/or work from home a bit more (as they said I could from the beginning). My YO knows that I will find a way to be around more like I was when my horse is back in work.

To cut a long story short, I have only visited the yard at weekends and maybe an evening or two in the week since December, when I started this new job. I used to be there at least 3x a week and weekends. I may be taking everything too personally due to the C19 situation and associated isolation/anxiety, but I am not happy about the fact the other liveries are allowed to go and I can't, just because mine isn't in work. I wanted to spend a bit more time down there as I am working from home and can. I think she is most concerned about either of us being fined, which I completely respect and I get that she is trying to keep everyone happy and that isn't easy, but I do think my horse gets something out of me being there (i.e. care in the sense that you are allowed to go out to care for your animals), if that makes sense. I can't help thinking that if I'd been there more recently I would still be allowed to go now. Every other yard I know in the area is letting owners go down (obviously following social distancing rules) but has stopped sharers and visitors, which makes sense.

I think it is a bit OTT not to let me go, and it's as if she thinks I don't care. Should I just give her £50 extra and try and 'guilt' her into mucking my horse out properly for the next few weeks, or confront her? I don't want to look like I am not respecting her rules, but they are only being imposed on me.

I know it's first world problems, but we all have horses and adore them, so no flaming please ;-)

Orangehorse

Visit site
Why not tell her how other yards operate at the moment, with clients being given a time slot so they don't overlap. I don't think either of you would be fined, although I would personally want to wipe down any shared tools before and after.

be positive

Visit site
He seems to be getting the essential care but not taking his rug off at all when he is changing his coat is a welfare issue, albeit minor in the overall scheme of things but it will have an impact, much the same as skipping out rather than a full muck out as he is only in during the day it is not too bad for a while but will become wet, she may do a better job now as you are not doing it each weekend as she will soon notice the difference.
I am allowing my liveries, also part usually, to come to ride and do those little extras that they 'need' to do, if one was not riding I would do, as I am now, asking for them to let me know when they are coming and to take the precautions set out, keep to doing their essential extras and leave me to do the main jobs, they are generally coming every other day which is working well so far, obviously if they require anything over and above normal, such as wound care, I will do it on my days.

I would ask if she will be a little more flexible, you do need to monitor his stifles just in case, she may be experienced enough to pick up if anything goes wrong but may not be as tuned in as you are, at this stage any change may be significant and a welfare issue, try not to use the other liveries as a bargaining tool, stick to his welfare, the stifles being checked as your reason for needing to visit.

Trouper

Visit site
You say you are on part livery - to me that implies that you do the other part. Or am i missing something here? Whatever that involves, I think I would be having a conversation with her to explain that some days you want to spend your "exercise hour" with your horse all the while she is content to let anybody still keep coming to the yard and you have additional time on your hands in the current situation. It if becomes a total lockdown then that is a different story. I would not however be using her tools but would take and remove/leave there my own to ensure that there is no cross-contamination. I would also offer to come at times when the other liveries are not there - if that is possible. At the end of the day it is her yard and her rules but different rules for individual liveries is not fair.

Leo Walker

Visit site
You cant go. This is clear. If you are on a livery package like this you need to stay away. I know the care isn't amazing, but he will be just fine. I find horses seem to do much better on a regime of benign neglect. Its always the ones cared for in a flawless way that seem to injure themselves!

I'm staying away this week as I had a raised temp. A freelancer is doing mine. She wont do them the way I would, but she will make sure they are cared for and happy. I'm really missing them, but so be it. The world is changed at least for the time being and its easier to just accept it and find other things to fill your time.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
I agree with LW rhat your horse will be fine! But in more general terms I am not sure your YO is being very fair on you? If yard oweners ban all owners then fair enough. BUt I am not sure the other liveries riding because they choose to keep theirs in 23 hours a day is more important than doing what OP wants to do? There needs to be some consistency surely? I find it rather sad that 'giving a horse a cuddle' - or in other words a full daily groom - is dismissed like that.

Daily grooming:
- Keeps skin healthy
- Aids circulation
- Improves muscle tone
- Allows a daily health check: lumps, bumps, heat
- Assists bonding.

The BHS consider it a fundamental part of a horse's daily routine!

Good luck x

flying_high

Visit site
You say you are on part livery - to me that implies that you do the other part. Or am i missing something here? Whatever that involves, I think I would be having a conversation with her to explain that some days you want to spend your "exercise hour" with your horse all the while she is content to let anybody still keep coming to the yard and you have additional time on your hands in the current situation. It if becomes a total lockdown then that is a different story. I would not however be using her tools but would take and remove/leave there my own to ensure that there is no cross-contamination. I would also offer to come at times when the other liveries are not there - if that is possible. At the end of the day it is her yard and her rules but different rules for individual liveries is not fair.

This is a misinterpretation of the right to exercise. The right to exercise is from your home, with no travel. You have the right to travel to an animal to care for it if you are the primary carer of that animal on the day in question.

It is grey, if when you have travelled to the animal as the primary carer, whether exercising you and the animal is okay, and whether exercising horses (that have turnout) is a basic welfare necessity.

There is no right for a livery on part livery, where the basic welfare of the animal is met for the day by the yard, to travel to see or exercise the horse.

We are currently on a very close to lockdown - travel outside home for only specific exceptional reasons.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
I think I am confused about what part livery means? I assumed it meant YO does horse some days and owner others? But YO is saying she will do all days now - only she is doing the very basics only. In fact less than the basics, really. Whereas owner wants to make sure there is at least a decent muck out and a decent groom a couple of times a week? So she does those 'extras' on her days. But I may have misunderstood.

FestiveFuzz

Visit site
I agree it’s not fair to have one rule for one, and not for the other but I was under the impression that those of us with horses on full or part livery should not be travelling to see our horses as by paying someone to care for them the YO by default becomes the primary carer.

As such, most of the yards near us have closed to all owners for the foreseeable.

flying_high

Visit site
I think I am confused about what part livery means? I assumed it meant YO does horse some days and owner others? But YO is saying she will do all days now - only she is doing the very basics only. In fact less than the basics, really. Whereas owner wants to make sure there is at least a decent muck out and a decent groom a couple of times a week? So she does those 'extras' on her days. But I may have misunderstood.

In my area Surrey. Part livery can be 7 or 5 days. And is normally the basics on 5 or 7 days. So hay, feed, change rug, turnout, muckout, waters, bring in, pick out feet change rug, feed. Or similar. So all basic needs met for 5 or 7 days. Doesn't normally include grooming / tack cleaning / exercise.

Full livery includes the above plus typically grooming / tack cleaning / exercise.

Assisted DIY is when yard / another does some but not all of the daily care needed each day e.g. turns out / brings in / mucks out but not all the care.

DIY - all yourself

By definition on a part livery day, the livery would not need to be at yard for animals welfare needs to be met. Though part livery might not meet a number of the things an owner might like to provide their horse.

flying_high

Visit site
I agree it’s not fair to have one rule for one, and not for the other but I was under the impression that those of us with horses on full or part livery should not be travelling to see our horses as by paying someone to care for them the YO by default becomes the primary carer.

As such, most of the yards near us have closed to all owners for the foreseeable.

It rather sounds like if following the rules, the OPs yard should be shut to all liveries on the days the yard owner provides part livery services.

be positive

Visit site
It rather sounds like if following the rules, the OPs yard should be shut to all liveries on the days the yard owner provides part livery services.

The other owners are exercising because they are restricting the turnout for no reason, other than the horses may get injured, so if they are all part then they should all be treated the same, it is not the same as the other thread where full livery owners have been banned and a poster has complained about it being unfair that the DIY's can still go, in this case they should all be treated equally or at least with a degree of flexibility.
I think the size of the yard has a bearing on how flexible they can be, a small yard with just 2 or 3 owners should be able to follow the guidelines by allowing visits to do the extras that are not absolutely essential, monitor weight, foot care and rugging.

Winters100

Visit site
I would give her a call and discuss what extra care you would like - sounds as if you have been on good terms and helped her out a fair bit, so hopefully she will do her best to accommodate you. I had to do the same with mine when I decided not to go and they gladly agreed to everything. As some others still go to the yard I ask them to take a look from time to time and they tell me that all is being done as it should be.

I can understand her wanting to limit the number of people there, and to be honest this is good, because if she gets ill then horse care becomes a big problem. Try to make the call friendly, I know it is sometimes difficult to find a way to say these things without sounding critical, but I found that just being honest and saying that as they know I give a lot of extra care and could the parts that I really find important be done by the staff. In my case they did not even want to charge me, but I insisted on paying because I want it to be an obligation, not a favour.

Good luck, and I hope that you manage to agree some good solution to put your mind at rest.

Tash88

Visit site
He seems to be getting the essential care but not taking his rug off at all when he is changing his coat is a welfare issue, albeit minor in the overall scheme of things but it will have an impact, much the same as skipping out rather than a full muck out as he is only in during the day it is not too bad for a while but will become wet, she may do a better job now as you are not doing it each weekend as she will soon notice the difference.
I am allowing my liveries, also part usually, to come to ride and do those little extras that they 'need' to do, if one was not riding I would do, as I am now, asking for them to let me know when they are coming and to take the precautions set out, keep to doing their essential extras and leave me to do the main jobs, they are generally coming every other day which is working well so far, obviously if they require anything over and above normal, such as wound care, I will do it on my days.

I would ask if she will be a little more flexible, you do need to monitor his stifles just in case, she may be experienced enough to pick up if anything goes wrong but may not be as tuned in as you are, at this stage any change may be significant and a welfare issue, try not to use the other liveries as a bargaining tool, stick to his welfare, the stifles being checked as your reason for needing to visit.

Thank you - that is a good idea regarding his stifles but she is more experienced than I am, and at the moment he is doing really well. To be honest I haven't trotted him up as was just going to wait for the vet visit, but he is looking better than ever and his gastric ulcers haven't returned, which I think is a sign of him not being in pain. I did tell her that I wanted to be able to be there if he hurt himself and needed the vet (or needed the vet for any other reason) and I think she respected that.

So I think his stifles are quite stable at the moment given the stage that he is at, my main concerns are his bed (he got thrushy feet when on box rest as she didn't do it properly) and him being hot in his rug.

Like I said I am willing to respect any of her rules and I am not a rule breaker, I just don't like the different rules for different liveries.

Tash88

Visit site
I am very friendly with my YO which is a good thing, I've also known her sister for years and I'm good friends with the lady next door who also has her horses on her land (but no liveries). We do things together like going to shows too. But in some ways I think that makes it harder, as our relationship is less 'businesslike', and therefore it is difficult to criticise without sounding bitchy.

I did send her the BHS advice earlier (it came up on my facebook) about being able to travel to care for horses, but then said that the livery thing is a grey area, which it is. She isn't always that good at replying but I think if she doesn't reply by this evening I will message her offering a bit more money for grooming. Then she might take me seriously.

Tash88

Visit site
The other owners are exercising because they are restricting the turnout for no reason, other than the horses may get injured, so if they are all part then they should all be treated the same, it is not the same as the other thread where full livery owners have been banned and a poster has complained about it being unfair that the DIY's can still go, in this case they should all be treated equally or at least with a degree of flexibility.
I think the size of the yard has a bearing on how flexible they can be, a small yard with just 2 or 3 owners should be able to follow the guidelines by allowing visits to do the extras that are not absolutely essential, monitor weight, foot care and rugging.

They are all on part livery but these owners are 'special' in that they pay for their own hay and feed and sort out the respective orders for that themselves. That's the only difference. Funnily enough they don't fill their haynets and I do mine, but they make their feeds.

Really changing rugs and picking feet out should be part of part livery, but for the former we have different ideas on rugging and for the latter, we have different standards.

Tash88

Visit site
In my area Surrey. Part livery can be 7 or 5 days. And is normally the basics on 5 or 7 days. So hay, feed, change rug, turnout, muckout, waters, bring in, pick out feet change rug, feed. Or similar. So all basic needs met for 5 or 7 days. Doesn't normally include grooming / tack cleaning / exercise.

Full livery includes the above plus typically grooming / tack cleaning / exercise.

Assisted DIY is when yard / another does some but not all of the daily care needed each day e.g. turns out / brings in / mucks out but not all the care.

DIY - all yourself

By definition on a part livery day, the livery would not need to be at yard for animals welfare needs to be met. Though part livery might not meet a number of the things an owner might like to provide their horse.

This is the situation where I am, but quite frankly to a low standard. It was fine when I could keep an eye on his bed and the yard otherwise has lots of good points.

Tash88

Visit site
I agree with LW rhat your horse will be fine! But in more general terms I am not sure your YO is being very fair on you? If yard oweners ban all owners then fair enough. BUt I am not sure the other liveries riding because they choose to keep theirs in 23 hours a day is more important than doing what OP wants to do? There needs to be some consistency surely? I find it rather sad that 'giving a horse a cuddle' - or in other words a full daily groom - is dismissed like that.

Daily grooming:
- Keeps skin healthy
- Aids circulation
- Improves muscle tone
- Allows a daily health check: lumps, bumps, heat
- Assists bonding.

The BHS consider it a fundamental part of a horse's daily routine!

Good luck x

Thank you. I'll be honest my horse doesn't get groomed every day as I am not there every day, but he gets a very good groom whenever I am there, which at the moment is at least twice a week.

I think this situation is bringing home to me that I am not happy with how she does my horse and so far I have just got on with it and done loads myself to keep the peace, but then I like doing it and I am a bit of a mug.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site

I agree with this, it is a grey area on part where the yard doesn't offer all the care ( and each yard is different on what they will and won't do) and I don't see that the other liveries' exercising is any more essential that the OP grooming.

I have also been in the situation where the care is a bit slapdash but it's OK because under normal circumstances you do the bits the ym doesn't. It's all very well for people to say to move but sometimes choices are limited and very basic care with top up from the owner is usually a viable option. Plus I don't think that moving yards is a option right now so people are stuck.

Are you still doing weekends - it sounds from your posts that you usually do. If so could you try and negotiate a slot to go on a Weds say do you do a midweek visit to groom.

If your ym is worried about being fined, then that is as much a risk with the exercising liveries.

These are the relevant bits from the govt website. Where it gets difficult is what constitutes care, my yard is not locked down so I am going up to treat mud fever and do basic exercise - turnout won't be extended till May - but doing every other day.

3. Can I walk my dog / look after my horse?

Yes – provided it is alone or with members of your household.

Advice if you do not have symptoms of coronavirus

You may leave your house to exercise once a day and you should combine this with leaving your house to provide care for your horse or livestock.

It is essential that you minimise the time spent outside of the home and remain 2 metres away from others. You should remember to wash your hands before and after contact with any animals.

AandK

Visit site
If you are all on part livery, I see it as very unfair that the YO is allowing the other liveries up to ride, but not allowing you to come up. Either you are all allowed up (e.g. given a time slot so not all there at the same time) or none of you are allowed up as YO is providing the basic care for all horses. The fact the other liveries are choosing to only turn out for 1hr a day should not mean they get special treatment. I would speak to YO and try and reason with her.

SO1

Visit site
Part livery normally all care except grooming & exercise. Full livery includes grooming & exercise.

I think the full livery is very clear as all horses welfare needs should be covered.

Part livery is tricky because of the grooming of rugged horses is needed at least once a week & not covered under part livery agreements. Exercise may also be essential for welfare of some horses.

Maybe ask if you can come once a week to groom horses unless YO is able to do it. Agree don't use her tools if you need to muck out get your own tools.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Part livery normally all care except grooming & exercise. Full livery includes grooming & exercise.

I've just found such a variation on what is offered with part.

Things that have not been covered at yards I have been at

Putting on horsewalker
Picking out feet
Holding for vets and farriers etc
Putting feed deliveries into bins
Managing injuries etc unless emergency e.g. changing bandages, poultices etc
Applying preventative treatments or fly spray
Giving medicines if needing to be syringed into mouth. Adding to feed was OK
Skipping out stables - if they are in a lot really needs to be done at least once

And each was different so yard A would put on fly spray and manage injuries but wouldn't skip out or pick out feet.

Upthecreek

Visit site
Tash88 if you’ve only been going to see your horse twice a week up to when the lockdown started I don’t really understand why you have an issue with the care provided by the YO now. Surely she has been doing all of the basic daily care - feeding, rugging, getting in & turning out, picking out feet etc because you weren’t going every day before lockdown?

I only think you would have a good argument to go if the YO can’t or won’t do something necessary for the welfare of your horse. But as you were only going a couple times a week I don’t think you have a strong case there. All of us that can’t see our horses miss them and worry about them, but if their basic needs are being met we don’t have much choice in the current circumstances and we have to respect the Yard Owner’s decisions on how to manage the situation.

If you weren’t/aren’t happy with the standard of care provided you should most definitely raise it but not in retaliation because she has asked you not to visit. It doesn’t sound like the other liveries have changed what they do as they were going every day before lockdown and you weren’t, so your situation and theirs aren’t really comparable. If you feel strongly you are being unfairly treated you must ask the YO for the reasoning behind her decision so at least you can understand even if you still disagree.

Gingerwitch

Visit site

I think the full livery is very clear as all horses welfare needs should be covered.

Part livery is tricky because of the grooming of rugged horses is needed at least once a week & not covered under part livery agreements. Exercise may also be essential for welfare of some horses.

Maybe ask if you can come once a week to groom horses unless YO is able to do it. Agree don't use her tools if you need to muck out get your own tools.

I think what you get varies from yard to yard and area to area, around my my area, Derbyshire full livery does not include grooming and exercise, part livery is the horse is done for part of the day, ie. morning or pm unless extra is paid.

My full livery packages are either be 5 or 7 days, but with no feed or bedding and no livery at all on a bank holiday so you revert to being full DIY, will be very interesting to see what happens over Easter as there is no yard cover for Good Friday, Easter Sunday or the bank holiday Monday.

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Tash88 if you’ve only been going to see your horse twice a week up to when the lockdown started I don’t really understand why you have an issue with the care provided by the YO now. Surely she has been doing all of the basic daily care - feeding, rugging, getting in & turning out, picking out feet etc because you weren’t going every day before lockdown?

I only think you would have a good argument to go if the YO can’t or won’t do something necessary for the welfare of your horse. But as you were only going a couple times a week I don’t think you have a strong case there. All of us that can’t see our horses miss them and worry about them, but if their basic needs are being met we don’t have much choice in the current circumstances and we have to respect the Yard Owner’s decisions on how to manage the situation.

If you weren’t/aren’t happy with the standard of care provided you should most definitely raise it but not in retaliation because she has asked you not to visit. It doesn’t sound like the other liveries have changed what they do as they were going every day before lockdown and you weren’t, so your situation and theirs aren’t really comparable. If you feel strongly you are being unfairly treated you must ask the YO for the reasoning behind her decision so at least you can understand even if you still disagree.
Horse owners are currently unable to raise care standards as if we are told to go if we dont like it, there is no where you can move to, and cannot even look at yards at the moment, so we are stuck with what we have got for the foreseeable. I can imagine their is going to be a massive yard move after this situation settles down.

My previous yard is having a juggle around and I am waiting on an answer as to if I can move mine tomorrow or Saturday, not sure what current yard is going to say, but hey ho.

Tash88

Visit site
The reasoning is that I don't need to be there because my horse isn't being exercised. I know I am not there during the week (I went yesterday am and was planning on going more now I am working from home) but I still think there is value in me going at the weekend i.e. my horse gets groomed and mucked out properly. I have always had an issue with the care and was just about managing it beforehand with sorting everything out at the weekend, not ideal but his bed would have been cleaner than if I hadn't been there. And I can't move him at the moment because of what he needs as part of his rehab (obviously wouldn't be able to move now anyway).

Of course I am happy to buy my own tools and go at certain times. I don't need to go every day I would just like to keep an eye on my horse and his bed so that he doesn't get thrushy feet. All he needs for his rehab at this stage is time (vet told me not to buy anything when I suggested supplements and an arc equine) so he is having that, and if he runs out of his supplements I can just have them delivered.

The rugging issue really gets to me... I've got there when it's been 15 degrees and I've asked her to take his rug off in the morning (I often go pm as he's turned out overnight and so then he is out and there is more mucking out to be done), and so he's been sweating and itching for the best part of the day. It really upsets me... her horses are never ever rugless and that must be pretty unpleasant. I don't want it to sound like I'm bitching because I;m not, but if I'm asking for something non-ridiculous like taking a rug off on a mild day, I think it should be followed. When I do her horses for nothing I always change their rugs (whether I agree with what they're wearing or not!)

Really I think that this C19 situation has brought all the other problems home to roost, if that makes sense.

Tash88

Visit site
Are you still doing weekends - it sounds from your posts that you usually do. If so could you try and negotiate a slot to go on a Weds say do you do a midweek visit to groom.

If your ym is worried about being fined, then that is as much a risk with the exercising liveries.

Unfortunately I am not allowed to go at all now.

My YO has PREs and follows all the spanish groups on Facebook. In Spain the C19 restrictions are tighter, and animal welfare standards are lower, so the fines for doing horses etc are more severe. Apparently someone on one of the groups got fined £3000 for going to see to his (stabled) horses. He was told they could only be attended to every two days. I think that has scared her and she thinks I'm going to get fine, or she will. Of course I wouldn't want that to happen, but the rules aren't clear and I know she isn't the only yard to have locked down. But she hasn't locked down properly and I am the only one who is affected by it because she doesn't think my visits are important for my horse (she doesn't pick her own horses feet out and their beds are foul).

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Tash88, you have my fullest sympathy and I hope you manage to find a resolution.

Mine are moving tomorrow, its not the ideal situation and the current yard owner is now bending over backwards to keep me.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Tash88 if you’ve only been going to see your horse twice a week up to when the lockdown started I don’t really understand why you have an issue with the care provided by the YO now.

Because she was filling in the gaps in care herself - eg a thorough muck out and thorough groom at least once a week. But not even that is happening now which I woiuld be very unhappy about.