correct attire for kids hunting?

showpony

Visit site
So stabilisers firmly taken off mini me lol.
The lovely pro eventer at our yard has offered to take mini me (7) out hunting with her own daughter next weekend! - how nice is that:) she will be in good hands! I don't hunt myself, it's a kids hunt and tbh I want her to be turned out immaculately so what should she wear? - oh and any tips I Could give her would be great:)

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Warmly ! lots of layers. jod boots, jods warm ones, shirt and tie, hacking jacket and BP over the top. This is how the children seem to be dressed where I am. A tweed coat is so much warmer than a black or navy polyester jacket.

Lolo

Visit site
Neckstrap for the pony, and name tags on them both with your name and phone number!

For mini, tweed jacket, cream/ beige/ canary jods, joddy boots and chaps if she has them (some people say it's incorrect but they're a good protective layer) and a shirt and tie and a plain silk. And then as many warm layers as you can stuff her into underneath that!

If she wears a BP and it's not a plain, neutral colour then try and see if it'll fit under her jacket...

ofcourseyoucan

Visit site
mars bar or similar in her pocket. if you follow when they pull up you could have some quick snacks/drinks available. picnic and flask of soup/tea for on way home in lorry and a change of clothes in case she is wet. rug and haynet for pony

showpony

Visit site
Name tags great idea, thankfully lady taking her will have her phone with her but good safety measure! Any idea where . Can get some valium as am going to need some while she is out lol.
Neckstrap for the pony, and name tags on them both with your name and phone number!

For mini, tweed jacket, cream/ beige/ canary jods, joddy boots and chaps if she has them (some people say it's incorrect but they're a good protective layer) and a shirt and tie and a plain silk. And then as many warm layers as you can stuff her into underneath that!

If she wears a BP and it's not a plain, neutral colour then try and see if it'll fit under her jacket...