Correct position for tail strap on turnout rug

LeneHorse

Visit site
I'm not keen on leg straps on rugs and normally when I get a new one I take them off and put a tail strap (fillet string) on instead.
However on my latest new rug the D rings seen set really low and the fillet string would be well down her tail beyond the end of her dock. This doesn't look right to me and I would worry about whether it would stay on in high winds. So I've kept the leg straps on.

Just wondering if there is a 'right' position for a tail strap or if I'm Overthinking this

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
You do not want it too high. If the rug gets blown up and it ends up right under the top of the tail things may go pear shaped.

I find that happens on a windy day anyway.

I've bought rugs in the past with two sets of rings, lower for leg straps and higher for fillet string. I haven't seen one like that in a long time now.

LeneHorse

Visit site
I
I find that happens on a windy day anyway.

I've bought rugs in the past with two sets of rings, lower for leg straps and higher for fillet string. I haven't seen one like that in a long time now.
It was cheap lol!
Think I will just stick with the leg straps on this one as it's a good fit and isn't slipping to one side.