Cortaflex - Where to buy - cheap

L

Lynnes

Hello peeps - I know this has been posted before but ...... can anyone tell me the cheapest place to buy Cortaflex - powder.

Many thanks

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Be a little careful about buying from America if you are doing any affiliated competitiion. The formula is slightly different and has prohibited substances under UK rules. Also when I contacted Equine America they alledged that corta flx was not as strong as the UK version cortaflex.

It still could be a lot cheaper to get it in America providing you are aware it is different.

Theresa_F

Visit site
I get mine from the US - even with postage it is still half the price. I do feed more than the recommended amount but this is because he weighs up to 780 ks. That said, I feed the same as I did with UK cortaflex and have noticed no difference and this is over a year later.

I get mine from

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Corta-Flx-Powder-2...1QQcmdZViewItem

I have used Equiteric many times - if you get the 2.5 lb tub you are under the £18 customs limit.

Does anyone know what the prohibited substances are? I don't compete affiliated but am just wondering if it is something that is being put round to stop people buying from the US - ie like it is not so strong.

I personally get a lot of stuff from the US as I am fed up with being ripped off with UK prices.

lornaA

Visit site
someone recomended the netequestrian.com to me to get it from america. I've not ordered any from there yet but I do plan to do so. It does seem to work out much cheaper then over here. If its a uk supplier you're looking for then Eileen Douglas Tack shop, You will get web address if you google it are very good. They are the cheapest uk supplier I have found by far and their service is great.

Jo C

Visit site
When I checked the ingredients against the UK version I don't remember there being anything radically different but I think I will check again. If I can find the ingredients list again I will post it on here.

Jo C

Visit site
UK version Cortaflex
ANALYSIS
Protein ---------12.00% Glycine ------------ 1.00%
Fibre -----------16.00% Glutamine --------- 1.00%
Oils and Fats -- 2.00% Glucuronic Acid -- 0.50%
Ash ------------ 6.00% Proline --------------- 0.31%
Sulphur ------- 0.04% Glutamic Acid ------ 0.30%
INGREDIENTS: Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Dextrose, Soy Protein Hydrolysate, Mucopolysaccharides,
Hyaluronic Acid, Glycine, L-Glutamine, Glucuronic Acid, L-Proline, Glutamic Acid, L-Alanine, LArginine,
L-Serine, L-Valine, L-Histidine, L-Tyrosine, L-Isoleucine, Aspartic Acid, Manganese
Sulphate, Pyridoxine HCl, Ascorbic Acid, Sulphur, Copper Sulphate, Mineral Oil, Ammonium
Propionate (a preservative), Natural and synthesized flavouring.
US version Cortaflx
Crude protein (min) - 2.00% Proline (min) - 0.31%
Glycine (min) - 1.00% Glutamic Acid (min) - 0.30%
Glutamine (min) - 1.00% Arginine (min) - 0.21%
Glucuronic Acid (min) -0.50% Threonine (min) - 0.08%
Aspartic Acid (min) - 0.50% Crude fat (min) - 0.10%
Lysine (min) 0.50% Crude Fibre (max) - 24.00%
Hyaluronic Acid (min) - 40mg/serving
Unfortunately I can't find the full ingredients list for the US version yet but I'll keep looking!!!

Jo C

Visit site
From the analysis lists there really doesn't seem to be too much difference - be interesting to see the ingredients comparison - thanks Theresa!

Tempi

Visit site
someone posted a comparison of the two for me a while back and there was hardly any difference at all. I compete affliated and use the stuff from America. Non of the ingredients are banned in the UK, as i checked thoroughly before i went ahead and brought it. Its so much cheaper from America, less that half price even after postage costs. I feed Bloss a heaped thing of the measuring thingy you get with the tub and it works fine with her.

Jo C

Visit site
Wonderful - thanks PG! I have been using the US version for the past 3 or so months but really didn't want to get caught feeding banned substances if and when I ever get to compete again.

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
I can only say I checked with the company "Equine America UK Ltd" directly and got this response from them

"Corta-flx is for the American market only whereas Cortaflex is for UK, Europe and the rest of the world. They have different formulations due to the USA and European legislation's and laws being different and are also different strengths, Cortaflex is about three times stronger than Corta-flx.

Corta-flx is illegal to compete on in this country whereas Cortaflex does not contravene with any FEI or Jockey Club Rules. "

I can't say whether it is true or not but having been drug tested at an event once I would not dare risk it for affiliated competition. I do still think it is a cheaper alternative for someone with an older horse or one that is not competing much. It's a question of veryone making there own mind up!

Theresa_F

Visit site
Out of interest did they say what was the banned ingredients.

I am a bit cynical about this as they have told people so many different things, not as strong, not as effective, banned ingredients.

I do wonder if people do start using the US product the price of the UK version will drop.

We get ripped off in the UK over grooming products, wormers, supplements etc which are a third of the price in the States.

Loupride

s25.photobucket.com
When I enquired about this Corta-flx product this was the official reply I received from Equine America (UK)Ltd

[ QUOTE ]
Corta-Flx is the USA and Canadian version of our Cortaflex, Corta-flx is solely for the USA and Canadian market and cannot be shipped to the rest of the world due to shipping regulations. Our Cortaflex is double the strength of their Corta-Flx.

[/ QUOTE ]

I however have never had any problems getting it sent over to Ireland and I am still using my first shipment as I bought in bulk!! The saving I have were unbelieveable and it appears to be working fine for Pride
grin.gif

RachelB

Visit site
I wonder what Equine America would say to an American enquiring about Cortaflex? Probably something along the lines of "oh well Corta-flx is stonger than Cortaflex"...
Surely if Corta-flx isn't allowed to be shipped over to the UK then it wouldn't be available. Ack I hate it when companies think they can put up UK prices! If I had to use it again, I'd buy the American Corta-flx.

Horseymum

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Try ebay.

I use cortavet (stronger version) and get it from here:

http://www.vet-medic.com/Product_Info.aspx?pCode=CORT2

[/ QUOTE ]
Can I ask how much stronger the Cortavet is compared to Cortaflex and do you feed this on your Vet's suggestion? My mare has arthritic hocks and has been on Cortaflex but I am wondering whether a change to Cortavet would make much of a difference.

judymoon

Visit site
have you tried Chondrogen EQ, its newish but cheaper than corta vet or crta flex HA (by about 50p a day!) an d has all the necessarys in it, glucosamine, chondroitin and HA

KE123

Visit site
Hi. You should really have a look at Pernamax from www.maxavita.com. It is a new product I think and Bill, within 6 weeks, is off his Bute and is cantering around after months of painful swollen joints. I'd like to know a little more about other peoples results from Pernamax so please let me know what you know about it. Thanks.