Cost effective joint supplements for dogs

Mynstrel

Visit site
Any suggestions? It's for a 10yo BC who occasionally looks a bit creaky getting on & off things.

We have our horses on suppleaze gold & we're getting really good results from that so I'm considering trying the dog version of that, but another consideration I have is that she really isn't keen on taking anything strange in her food so I need something she doesn't need a lot of SO I have looked at the suppleaze gold itself & wondered if that'd be ok to try as it doesn't seem to have anything horse-specific in it and she would only need a small sprinkle so it'd be less likely to be noticed than something she needs multiple spoonfulls of.

Does anybody know if that'd be ok to try or of a good dog-specific supplement that I don't need to feed a lot of?

wings

New User
Visit site
Our vet recommended Yumove for my greyhound who has arthritis. It has 3 active ingredients: glucosamine, chondroitin and green lipped mussel. It comes in tablet firm and we just mix it in with his food.

ladyearl

vvv
I've pre emptively put my young dog (BC 2 yr old) on yumove it seemed to get a good rating in the cani cross and agility circuit.

Mynstrel

Visit site
Thanks all of you, I'd heard of yumove but for some reason I thought it was something else! I'll look at the omega 3/glucosamine too and see which I can most easily con her with :)

Cop-Pop

Visit site
I dunk Yellow Dog's in cheese spread and they go down pretty well, by the time he's finished licking my fingers he's swallowed the pill :D In fact it's the only pill method that works with him