Cost for ferry to Ireland

EquestrianFairy

Visit site
I’m looking at travelling to Dublin to buy a horse.. but I can’t seem to get anywhere on ferry prices.
I have a 3.5t Horsebox but it’s only saying car prices?

Can anyone help or have any links?

Thankyou

Wheels

Visit site
If you are planning on travelling livestock Inc horses then you have to phone up to arrange and can't book online.

It costs around £300 to £500 for car / trailer, not sure about a 3.5t but they will give you a quote when you call.

As it is only £250 to £350 to get a transporter then that might be an option too

Rowreach

👀
Visit site
Before you ring make sure you have measured your box (length and height).

But as Wheels said, it might make more sense to fly over to see the horse and if you buy, use a transporter. Much less hassle and much cheaper than using your time/diesel/ferry costs both ways.

buzyizzy

Visit site
Before you ring make sure you have measured your box (length and height).

But as Wheels said, it might make more sense to fly over to see the horse and if you buy, use a transporter. Much less hassle and much cheaper than using your time/diesel/ferry costs both ways.

Would agree with this totally. I don't know where the horse is, but I'd thoroughly recommend George Mullins. I used him to bring my two back from Mayo to Eastbourne and they arrived totally chilled.

Kat_

Visit site
It cost me about £500 to cross with a 4x4 and horse trailer at the end of 2016.

It should be slightly cheaper with a 3.5T as the main cost is in the length of the vehicle. If you were going over to collect with no horse on board you could put it on as a camper van I think. I went with Irish Ferries and when I called the freight team to arrange it they were very helpful. As others have said, a transported might be your best bet, depending on your final destination (I had to travel mine myself as no-one was keen on collecting her from the depths of mid Wales!) you might still want to go yourself.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
You need to phone the freight line and get a quote. You will need the height and length of your lorry; lorries are cheaper than car & trailer.