Cost of a 30 ft long steel framed barn

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
We are thinking of pulling down our rubbish old wood stables which are used for hay and storage and replacing with a 30 ft long steel framed barn presumably with concrete blocks at the back and sides. I think we would put it up ourselves so basically just the steel, roof and cladding we would be looking for.

Any ideas how much we would be looking to spend.

Orangehorse

Visit site
You can buy kits, see the adverts in Farmers Weekly. Don't know about cost though as obviously having a barn put up costs a lot in labour. At least with a proper kit it would meet British Standards for the strength of the steel, so it doesn't blow down in a storm. Don't forget the cost of concrete either, a good way to get rid of lots of money!

popsdosh

Visit site
We are thinking of pulling down our rubbish old wood stables which are used for hay and storage and replacing with a 30 ft long steel framed barn presumably with concrete blocks at the back and sides. I think we would put it up ourselves so basically just the steel, roof and cladding we would be looking for.

Any ideas how much we would be looking to spend.

circa 8k

rabatsa

Confuddled
Visit site
The floor will cost more than the rest of the shed. You have to ensure that the floor levels are spot on then a kit shed should all line up, otherwise the pre drilled holes will be way out of line. Remember that the steel is heavy and you will need to hire a machine that can do the lifting and driving one is a skill best learnt on someone elses job.

popsdosh

Visit site
When I was pricing them about 10 years ago you could have added a 0 on the end of that, once you had costed the roof, base and side fillersin. I went for wood in the end, with a concrete base cost me c £20k
They must have seen you coming LOL we have just built a 30X 20M grainstore fully equipped with concrete air floor and concrete panels to 5M and clad above and it came to less than 100k. Had a quote for a steel frame for an American barn just before christmas which was 20m x12m clad and roofed 12.5k and im guessing for what the op wants its about half that size.
Correct me if im wrong but the OP asked for the cost of the frame and roof and cladding only!! Not the whole job.

Christmas Crumpet

Visit site
They must have seen you coming LOL we have just built a 30X 20M grainstore fully equipped with concrete air floor and concrete panels to 5M and clad above and it came to less than 100k. Had a quote for a steel frame for an American barn just before christmas which was 20m x12m clad and roofed 12.5k and im guessing for what the op wants its about half that size.
Correct me if im wrong but the OP asked for the cost of the frame and roof and cladding only!! Not the whole job.

Yes I was asking for the cost of the frame, roof and cladding. OH and his mates can put it up and do the groundworks. They are well qualified to do them so that's not an issue!!! Just wanted an idea of cost of the actual materials.

popsdosh

Visit site
Yes I was asking for the cost of the frame, roof and cladding. OH and his mates can put it up and do the groundworks. They are well qualified to do them so that's not an issue!!! Just wanted an idea of cost of the actual materials.

Well those two links should give you a ballpark if its not exact size you want talk to them as they are will make them to spec.

Asha

Visit site
If you check out Graham Heath Construction, theres a price on the facebook page for a 100x40x15ft livestock building for £17k. That includes steelwork, roofing concrete panels and cladding