Cost of attending Horse trials has certainly gone up

setterlover

Visit site
Just booked the campsite plus 2 show jumping arena tickets for Burghley horse trial and the price was £572 .I was offered the chance to book at last years price as have bought online in 2022 and 2023 so £50 off the pitch at the campsite.so without the discount would be over £600.
Just looked back at my booking for Badminton and that was around £450 for the same package.
The cost of running and particularly insuring these events is astronomical since COVID but I am sure this will price a lot of people out of being able to go.
We love going to both events the atmosphere the shopping and we generally enjoy what is going on and will always cut back on other things so we can do it but it's sad if a lot of people are priced out.

Last edited:

Steerpike

Visit site
I used to go to Badminton on the Wednesday but will not be going due to the price this year, I definitely couldn't afford to go on the cross country/show jumping day.
Edited to add I understand prices go up due to insurance ect just a shame it will price people out.

meleeka

Visit site
I was looking at tickets for Windsor show and was quite shocked at how much they were. I’m wary of booking anything just because it’s a lot of money if it’s pouring down with rain all day.